Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work..

Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work..

Charlie Russel - MVP

Ah. I'm betting it's an RPC problem, then. There _are_ differences in how
RPC is handled. Unfortunately, the fix has to be done on the server end, not
the client end.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Chad Garber (no longer disgusted) wrote:
> No I am just on a cable modem using 1and1.com's exchange service services.
> It works perfectly on other computers (this exchange account).
>

> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Are you on an SBS network? Are you in a Domain environment? What was the
>> source of your version of Office?
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Chad Garber (no longer disgusted) wrote:
>>> I think it is small business edition.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Second question - what's your hardware? Are you on an Nvidia chipset? If so,
have you installed the nvidia firewall? If you have, uninstall it. If you
_haven't_ installed it yet, please install it. Then uninstall it.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Chad Garber (no longer disgusted) wrote:
> No I am just on a cable modem using 1and1.com's exchange service services.
> It works perfectly on other computers (this exchange account).
>

> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Are you on an SBS network? Are you in a Domain environment? What was the
>> source of your version of Office?
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Chad Garber (no longer disgusted) wrote:
>>> I think it is small business edition.

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

Digusted,

If you want my professional opinion of the problem its a PEBKAC error.

Cheers,

"Disgusted" wrote:

> 1and1.com 'configures it' but I sure do love watching you guys blame the user
> with something that is your fault.
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
> > obviously, because you don't know how to configure it
> >
> > --
> > Charlie.
> > http://msmvps.com/xperts64
> >
> > Disgusted wrote:
> > > Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
> > > Windows 64bit Edition?

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

Charlie,

I have been reading several posts by "Disgusted" and for some reason beyond
my control I want to read it... because it's like a lotto. Some of it makes
me laugh. Some cry.

I used to work as a headset jockey (tier 1-3) and I always love it when
people blame things they just don't understand.

Cheers,
Mike - MCP, ITIL(ITSM)

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> obviously, because you don't know how to configure it
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Disgusted wrote:
> > Why does Outlook 2003 on an Exhchange server only sometimes work on my
> > Windows 64bit Edition?

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

You talk about responsibility, but you refuse to just admit: "I didn't know
enough about the OS before I installed it." and now you're basically pointing
fingers at Microsoft and anyone who has a Microsoft Cert saying its our
fault? You need to take responsibility for your not knowing how it works.