Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Outlook 2003 recieving but not sending on new XP Pro 64

Outlook 2003 recieving but not sending on new XP Pro 64

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGFlbCAtIFNhY1RMQw==?=

I just installed XP Pro 64 bit on AMD machine. All is well EXCEPT: I can't
get my outgoing mail server to work. Using Outlook 2003 SP2, have configured
correctly. Using SBC DSL so must use their outgoing mail server. Have logged
onto their website to verify name/password. In e-mail setup, did a "test
settings". It sees the smtp server but keeps saying name/password are not
valid.
Went back to XP Pro machine (32 bit) and verified settings. All is the same.
Also tried to setup account in Outlook Express. Still seeing same problem.
Anyone know where I shoudl look next?

Rick

Do you happen to have a system with a nVidia chipset?

What is your hardware configuration?

Michael - SacTLC wrote:
> I just installed XP Pro 64 bit on AMD machine. All is well EXCEPT: I can't
> get my outgoing mail server to work. Using Outlook 2003 SP2, have configured
> correctly. Using SBC DSL so must use their outgoing mail server. Have logged
> onto their website to verify name/password. In e-mail setup, did a "test
> settings". It sees the smtp server but keeps saying name/password are not
> valid.
> Went back to XP Pro machine (32 bit) and verified settings. All is the same.
> Also tried to setup account in Outlook Express. Still seeing same problem.
> Anyone know where I shoudl look next?

Dan Koerner

Uninstall the nVidia firewall. If you didn't install it originally, then install and uninstall it.

--
-Dan-