Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Nero x64?

Nero x64?

jvi

Is there a reliable burning software x64?

Regards
jvi

Charlie Russel - MVP

Nero works fine. I'm still on 6.x, but 7.0 works as well. The packet writing
part doesn't work, but everything else is fine. Roxio's latest version is
reported to work as well, and even have working packet writing, but I've
stopped using them since Sonic bought them out.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

jvi wrote:
> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
>
> Regards
> jvi

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yes, Nero versions 6.6 and 7 are compatible except for the packet writing
feature and Roxio 8 is also compatible.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"jvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
>
> Regards
> jvi

Larry Hodges

Everything in Roxio 8 works fine. My only complaint is all the processes it
runs at startup. More invasive than it needs to be IMO.

news:eXks$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nero works fine. I'm still on 6.x, but 7.0 works as well. The packet
> writing part doesn't work, but everything else is fine. Roxio's latest
> version is reported to work as well, and even have working packet writing,
> but I've stopped using them since Sonic bought them out.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> jvi wrote:
>> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
>>
>> Regards
>> jvi

Charlie Russel - MVP

Yes. Typical of Sonic stuff. And why I won't use their stuff. The old Roxio
didn't behave that way.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Larry Hodges wrote:
> Everything in Roxio 8 works fine. My only complaint is all the processes
> it runs at startup. More invasive than it needs to be IMO.

> news:eXks$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Nero works fine. I'm still on 6.x, but 7.0 works as well. The packet
>> writing part doesn't work, but everything else is fine. Roxio's latest
>> version is reported to work as well, and even have working packet
>> writing, but I've stopped using them since Sonic bought them out.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> jvi wrote:
>>> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> jvi

Dennis Gordon

The Nero Express that came bundled with my DVD writer works just fine.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, Nero versions 6.6 and 7 are compatible except for the packet writing
> feature and Roxio 8 is also compatible.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "jvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
>>
>> Regards
>> jvi

John Barnes

Why not just turn it off in MSCONFIG and let it start when you need it.

"Larry Hodges" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Everything in Roxio 8 works fine. My only complaint is all the processes
> it runs at startup. More invasive than it needs to be IMO.

> news:eXks$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Nero works fine. I'm still on 6.x, but 7.0 works as well. The packet
>> writing part doesn't work, but everything else is fine. Roxio's latest
>> version is reported to work as well, and even have working packet
>> writing, but I've stopped using them since Sonic bought them out.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> jvi wrote:
>>> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> jvi

Angie

Reliable is relative.

There is Nero for x64 which was bundled by some vendors with the AMD x64
CPUs. I think it's version 7. I got one of those and it works just fine.
However, there are lots of complains from users about quality issues (look
at user reviews on Amazon or pricegrabber). I haven't had a problem.

aK.

"jvi" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
>
> Regards
> jvi

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Nero 7 is bloated.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:eXks$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nero works fine. I'm still on 6.x, but 7.0 works as well. The packet
> writing part doesn't work, but everything else is fine. Roxio's latest
> version is reported to work as well, and even have working packet writing,
> but I've stopped using them since Sonic bought them out.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> jvi wrote:
>> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
>>
>> Regards
>> jvi

Larry Hodges

So is Roxio 8.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nero 7 is bloated.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:eXks$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Nero works fine. I'm still on 6.x, but 7.0 works as well. The packet
>> writing part doesn't work, but everything else is fine. Roxio's latest
>> version is reported to work as well, and even have working packet
>> writing, but I've stopped using them since Sonic bought them out.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> jvi wrote:
>>> Is there a reliable burning software x64?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> jvi