Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Anyone bought modem that works with X64?

Anyone bought modem that works with X64?

me@tarquin.demon.co.uk

If you have would you please tell me which model and from where you
bought it, please. Also, does it handle faxes, as that's what I need
it for the most.

Dominic Payer

http://www.vadim.co.uk/MRI++1456PCI-...28Smartlink%29 works for
me with fax and voice using the SmartLink x64 drivers.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you have would you please tell me which model and from where you
> bought it, please. Also, does it handle faxes, as that's what I need
> it for the most.

Larry Hodges

I'm using an old 3Com OfficeConnect external USB modem with the Microsoft
on-board drivers. Works great.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you have would you please tell me which model and from where you
> bought it, please. Also, does it handle faxes, as that's what I need
> it for the most.

me@tarquin.demon.co.uk

Thank you both for replying.

I think I'll go for the internal one that Dominic finds to work OK.

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:49:14 -0000, "Dominic Payer"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>http://www.vadim.co.uk/MRI++1456PCI-...28Smartlink%29 works for
>me with fax and voice using the SmartLink x64 drivers.
>

><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> If you have would you please tell me which model and from where you
>> bought it, please. Also, does it handle faxes, as that's what I need
>> it for the most.

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhd29sZg==?=

A bit late I realize, but several USR modems have x64 drivers, and Agere
softmodems do as well (which have MUCH better connect rates from all I've
seen and heard...you can snag one from trendnet if ya want to find out, like
$10)
Don't know much about Smartlinks myself