Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > More RAM helps

More RAM helps

Charles Kenyon

Just a short note of something most of you probably know:

I just upgraded the RAM in my laptop from .75 Gig to 1.25 Gig. 64XP runs a
lot better!
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

=?Utf-8?B?TmFzaA==?=

Good work Charles.

Oh, I had issues with Battlefield 2 on X64 with 1Gig.

Gave it another shot of 1Gig, and she hammers !

It is of course an AMD Athlon64 (Hammer naming joke !!!)

It seems that Windows XP 64 likes to keep the first Gig or at least 6 to
700MB in my case, for itself.

I recommend at least 1.5GB or 2.0GB for a Gaming Rig.....
AMD Athlon64 939 3200+
2GB OCZ Platnum 2-3-2-5 Ram
Abit Fatal1ty NF4 PRO Motherboard
XFX GeForce 6800 Utlra 256MB