Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Access to Program Files <x86> Drectory

Reply
Thread Tools

Access to Program Files <x86> Drectory

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?dG9iaWFsbA==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
I installed a 32 bit application that runs from the command line and it
installed in Program Files <x86> Drectory. how do I access the directory to
exicute the command?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
Click on <Start> then <Run> then <Browse> and find the directory and the
file you want to execute. The exact same procedure you would in any
version since Windows 95.

tobiall wrote:
> I installed a 32 bit application that runs from the command line and it
> installed in Program Files <x86> Drectory. how do I access the directory to
> exicute the command?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?dG9iaWFsbA==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
The command needs to be executed from the command line. When you run in from
<Start Run> all you get is a flash by CMD window. I tried to go to the
C:\Program Files <x86> using cd but I get (The system cannot find the path
specified) error.

"Rick" wrote:

> Click on <Start> then <Run> then <Browse> and find the directory and the
> file you want to execute. The exact same procedure you would in any
> version since Windows 95.
>
> tobiall wrote:
> > I installed a 32 bit application that runs from the command line and it
> > installed in Program Files <x86> Drectory. how do I access the directory to
> > exicute the command?

>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
There's a registry hack that will add a "Open CMD Prompt here" to your right
click menu, and I'll include that at the end of this. But you can always
just open a command window and navigate to the directory. It's a nuisance
when the directory name has spaces in it, but you have some choices to help.
Wild cards are accepted, as long as they're not ambiguous, so, to get into
the Program Files (x86) directory:
Start->Run->Cmd gives you a command window.
CD /d C:\*86* changes your working drive and directory to c:\Program
Files (x86)

From there, change into your applications directory.

Now, for the registry hack. Copy the stuff between the lines to a .REG file
and double click on it.

======================
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell]
@="open"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Command_Prompt_Here]
@="Command Prompt Here"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Command_Prompt_Here \command]
@="cmd.exe /k cd \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore]
"BrowserFlags"=dword:00000022
"ExplorerFlags"=dword:00000021

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\command]
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00 ,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,45,00,78,00,70,00,6c,00,6f,00,72,00,65,00 ,72,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,\
65,00,20,00,2f,00,65,00,2c,00,2f,00,69,00,64,00,6c ,00,69,00,73,00,74,00,2c,\
00,25,00,49,00,2c,00,25,00,4c,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\ddeexec]
@="[ExploreFolder(\"%l\", %I, %S)]"
"NoActivateHandler"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\ddeexec\app lication]
@="Folders"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\ddeexec\ife xec]
@="[]"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\ddeexec\top ic]
@="AppProperties"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open]
"BrowserFlags"=dword:00000010
"ExplorerFlags"=dword:00000012

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\command]
@=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00 ,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
00,5c,00,45,00,78,00,70,00,6c,00,6f,00,72,00,65,00 ,72,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,\
65,00,20,00,2f,00,69,00,64,00,6c,00,69,00,73,00,74 ,00,2c,00,25,00,49,00,2c,\
00,25,00,4c,00,00,00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\ddeexec]
@="[ViewFolder(\"%l\", %I, %S)]"
"NoActivateHandler"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\ddeexec\applic ation]
@="Folders"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\ddeexec\ifexec]
@="[]"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\ddeexec\topic]
@="AppProperties"

======================

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

tobiall wrote:
> The command needs to be executed from the command line. When you run in
> from <Start Run> all you get is a flash by CMD window. I tried to go to
> the C:\Program Files <x86> using cd but I get (The system cannot find the
> path specified) error.
>
> "Rick" wrote:
>
>> Click on <Start> then <Run> then <Browse> and find the directory and the
>> file you want to execute. The exact same procedure you would in any
>> version since Windows 95.
>>
>> tobiall wrote:
>>> I installed a 32 bit application that runs from the command line and it
>>> installed in Program Files <x86> Drectory. how do I access the
>>> directory to exicute the command?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Juergen Kluth
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
Hi,
try :
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)"
in quotes (? - i am german)
regards
jk


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?dG9iaWFsbA==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
Thanks this worked fine.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> There's a registry hack that will add a "Open CMD Prompt here" to your right
> click menu, and I'll include that at the end of this. But you can always
> just open a command window and navigate to the directory. It's a nuisance
> when the directory name has spaces in it, but you have some choices to help.
> Wild cards are accepted, as long as they're not ambiguous, so, to get into
> the Program Files (x86) directory:
> Start->Run->Cmd gives you a command window.
> CD /d C:\*86* changes your working drive and directory to c:\Program
> Files (x86)
>
> From there, change into your applications directory.
>
> Now, for the registry hack. Copy the stuff between the lines to a .REG file
> and double click on it.
>
> ======================
> Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell]
> @="open"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Command_Prompt_Here]
> @="Command Prompt Here"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\Command_Prompt_Here \command]
> @="cmd.exe /k cd \"%1\""
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore]
> "BrowserFlags"=dword:00000022
> "ExplorerFlags"=dword:00000021
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\command]
> @=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00 ,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
> 00,5c,00,45,00,78,00,70,00,6c,00,6f,00,72,00,65,00 ,72,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,\
> 65,00,20,00,2f,00,65,00,2c,00,2f,00,69,00,64,00,6c ,00,69,00,73,00,74,00,2c,\
> 00,25,00,49,00,2c,00,25,00,4c,00,00,00
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\ddeexec]
> @="[ExploreFolder(\"%l\", %I, %S)]"
> "NoActivateHandler"=""
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\ddeexec\app lication]
> @="Folders"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\ddeexec\ife xec]
> @="[]"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\explore\ddeexec\top ic]
> @="AppProperties"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open]
> "BrowserFlags"=dword:00000010
> "ExplorerFlags"=dword:00000012
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\command]
> @=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00 ,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,00,25,\
> 00,5c,00,45,00,78,00,70,00,6c,00,6f,00,72,00,65,00 ,72,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,\
> 65,00,20,00,2f,00,69,00,64,00,6c,00,69,00,73,00,74 ,00,2c,00,25,00,49,00,2c,\
> 00,25,00,4c,00,00,00
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\ddeexec]
> @="[ViewFolder(\"%l\", %I, %S)]"
> "NoActivateHandler"=""
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\ddeexec\applic ation]
> @="Folders"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\ddeexec\ifexec]
> @="[]"
>
> [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell\open\ddeexec\topic]
> @="AppProperties"
>
> ======================
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> tobiall wrote:
> > The command needs to be executed from the command line. When you run in
> > from <Start Run> all you get is a flash by CMD window. I tried to go to
> > the C:\Program Files <x86> using cd but I get (The system cannot find the
> > path specified) error.
> >
> > "Rick" wrote:
> >
> >> Click on <Start> then <Run> then <Browse> and find the directory and the
> >> file you want to execute. The exact same procedure you would in any
> >> version since Windows 95.
> >>
> >> tobiall wrote:
> >>> I installed a 32 bit application that runs from the command line and it
> >>> installed in Program Files <x86> Drectory. how do I access the
> >>> directory to exicute the command?

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?dG9iaWFsbA==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-14-2006
Thank you this worked fine also. I spent 4 nice years in Mienz.

"Juergen Kluth" wrote:

> Hi,
> try :
> cd "C:\Program Files (x86)"
> in quotes (? - i am german)
> regards
> jk
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet Explorer 8: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe vs C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe Nathan Sokalski Windows 64bit 16 02-22-2010 08:31 AM
How to replace c:\Program Files with Program Files (x86) in allscripts? clearguy02@yahoo.com Perl Misc 5 05-15-2009 02:23 PM
32bit Program installed to the Program Files folder and not the PFx86 folder murdock69u@gmail.com Windows 64bit 1 04-30-2009 01:30 PM
access to program files folder tc Computer Support 4 09-10-2007 04:52 PM
Program Files vs Program Files x86 =?Utf-8?B?QklHRQ==?= Windows 64bit 2 02-14-2006 08:26 PM



Advertisments