Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Dial-up modem for faxing

Dial-up modem for faxing

me@tarquin.demon.co.uk

As I can't find and drivers for the HCF modem I used in my previous
machine I need to find a modem that will work with X64 and can be
bought in the UK.

I'm not sure whether an internal or external would suit me best and
would appreciate any experiences on either type. I really only need
it for faxing out.

Thank you!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

US Robotics modems are compatible, especially 610 model. Find out if thats
available in your area and has faxing capabilities.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> As I can't find and drivers for the HCF modem I used in my previous
> machine I need to find a modem that will work with X64 and can be
> bought in the UK.
>
> I'm not sure whether an internal or external would suit me best and
> would appreciate any experiences on either type. I really only need
> it for faxing out.
>
> Thank you!

Dominic Payer

Any modem with a SmartLink chipset is x64 compatible.

SmartLink x64 drivers are at http://www.smlink.com/content.aspx?id=148