Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Poking Holes in the Firewall

Poking Holes in the Firewall

ToppJimmy

Hello,

I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
They have called in several people to try and fix it like
the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
501?

Thanks
Jimmy

Paul Lynch

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 07:47:28 -0700, "ToppJimmy"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
>have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
>They have called in several people to try and fix it like
>the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
>my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
>and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
>bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
>VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
>501?
>
>Thanks
>Jimmy

Jimmy,

This is a certification newsgroup. I suggest you try a security or a
networking group instead.

Regards,

Paul Lynch
MCSE

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
>have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
>They have called in several people to try and fix it like
>the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
>my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
>and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
>bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
>VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
>501?
>
>Thanks
>Jimmy

Looks like you don't control it as much as you think.

Consultant

do your parents pay for the internet connection?

"ToppJimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:044101c4248a$e7d74c70$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Hello,
>
> I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
> have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
> They have called in several people to try and fix it like
> the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
> my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
> and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
> bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
> VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
> 501?
>
> Thanks
> Jimmy

>do your parents pay for the internet connection?

I wonder if Ma's recently completed her mcse?

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

kpg

If you were my kid I'd take you behind the woodshed.

Wait... that didn't sound right.

"ToppJimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:044101c4248a$e7d74c70$(E-Mail Removed)...
> # Host-Name Confilct: file://c:\temp\122876.htm (4/19/2004 4:08:34 PM) #
>
> Hello,
>
> I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
> have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
> They have called in several people to try and fix it like
> the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
> my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
> and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
> bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
> VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
> 501?
>
> Thanks
> Jimmy

Consultant

sick

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you were my kid I'd take you behind the woodshed.
>
> Wait... that didn't sound right.
>
> "ToppJimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:044101c4248a$e7d74c70$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > # Host-Name Confilct: file://c:\temp\122876.htm (4/19/2004 4:08:34 PM) #
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
> > have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
> > They have called in several people to try and fix it like
> > the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
> > my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
> > and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
> > bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
> > VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
> > 501?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Jimmy

Kat

daddy?

--
Kat

/* To be or Not to be. Aww, to hell with it */

Rowdy Yates

sick sick sick...

"Consultant" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> sick
>

> "kpg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you were my kid I'd take you behind the woodshed.
>>
>> Wait... that didn't sound right.
>>
>> "ToppJimmy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:044101c4248a$e7d74c70$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > # Host-Name Confilct: file://c:\temp\122876.htm (4/19/2004 4:08:34
>> > PM) #
>> >
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I control my firewall at home, and for the past few days I
>> > have blocked my mom and dad from going to the internet.
>> > They have called in several people to try and fix it like
>> > the Geeks on Call team. But they were all unable to allow
>> > my mom and dad to surf. I am in control of this friewall
>> > and will not allow surfing by my parents because the
>> > bandwidth they take is unjustified. My dad needs to get
>> > VPN back up so how can I allow VPN to pass through the Pix
>> > 501?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Jimmy

Rowdy Yates, MCSE
--
Rowdy's Home Page
http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

Neil

Kat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:40845713$(E-Mail Removed):

> daddy?

hey that's my job

--
Neil MCNGP #30

poking around a running program Paul Rubin Python 2 06-15-2007 03:43 PM
Security Holes Michael O'Keefe Firefox 2 03-02-2005 08:21 PM
Setting up DNS "black holes" with config file cci admin Cisco 3 06-03-2004 03:30 AM
Java Applet Poking Chico Che Java 5 03-04-2004 06:48 PM
poking and reading Windows Registry Roedy Green Java 1 07-22-2003 08:36 AM

Advertisments