Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Activate and register

Activate and register

=?Utf-8?B?UG9kZ2U=?=

I have a AMD 64 3400 but am currently still useing xp pro and would like to
get the full x64 version. if i was to buy it and activate it, do you have to
register to beable to activate more than once... so should i format and
re-install, will it still let me activate after 2nd or even 3rd install later
down the line?

Rick

Win x64 has the same activation parameters as the 32-bit version. If
you have to re-install it and you get the message that you have reached
your activation limit, then you have to call Microsoft and activate the
OS over the phone.

Podge wrote:
> I have a AMD 64 3400 but am currently still useing xp pro and would like to
> get the full x64 version. if i was to buy it and activate it, do you have to
> register to beable to activate more than once... so should i format and
> re-install, will it still let me activate after 2nd or even 3rd install later
> down the line?

Bruce Chambers

Podge wrote:
> I have a AMD 64 3400 but am currently still useing xp pro and would like to
> get the full x64 version. if i was to buy it and activate it, do you have to
> register to beable to activate more than once... so should i format and
> re-install, will it still let me activate after 2nd or even 3rd install later
> down the line?

There's no limit to the number of times you can reinstall and
activate the same WinXP license on the same PC. Nor is there ever a
charge. Nor does a Product Key (so long as it's not an evaluation
license) ever expire. If it's been more than 120 days since you last
activated that specific Product Key, you'll most likely be able to
activate via the Internet without problem. If it's been less, you might
have to make a 5 minute phone call.

Here are the facts pertaining to activation:

Piracy Basics - Microsoft Product Activation
http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/basics/activation/

Windows Product Activation (WPA)
http://www.aumha.org/a/wpa.htm

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of
chains and slavery? .... I know not what course others may take, but as
for me, give me liberty, or give me death! -Patrick Henry