Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Upgrading the trial version of xp x64

Upgrading the trial version of xp x64

=?Utf-8?B?Um9oaXQ=?=

I have downloaded and installed the trial version of windows xp 64 bit
edition. So how do i upgrade to the normal version of the os?

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

You need to buy it.
Since it is OEM only, you may not be able to find it at normal retail
locations but instead should be able to get it at your local computer store.
Simply insert the CD at the Desktop and follow the prompts to upgrade to the
released version using the new CD and key.

Data and settings should be safe, back-up all important data just in case.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Rohit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have downloaded and installed the trial version of windows xp 64 bit
> edition. So how do i upgrade to the normal version of the os?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You will have to reapply all Windows Updates installed during the trial
though.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com