Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Intel Pentium D Dual Core

Intel Pentium D Dual Core

=?Utf-8?B?Z29sZHBoaXg=?=

I have Intel Pentium D Dual Core. I installed Windows 64bit Editipn Trial to
try it out.
How to see, that system uses Dual Core? With HiperThread Technology Windows
Task Manager shows 2 processors.
What's about Dual Core?

Thnkz

Andre Da Costa

Dual core is the process of adding two dies on one processor. Basically two
brains, so you able to handle multiple task more efficiently such as running
an AntiVirus scan and sufing the internet and watch a movie at the same
time.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"goldphix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Intel Pentium D Dual Core. I installed Windows 64bit Editipn Trial
> try it out.
> How to see, that system uses Dual Core? With HiperThread Technology
> Windows
> Task Manager shows 2 processors.
> What's about Dual Core?
>
> Thnkz

Juergen Kluth

Hi,
does your cpu have dual core AND hyperthreading ?
then you can expect to see 4 processors
jk

Kevin Panzke

You're so Lucky (I am still having a very hard time convincing my Family
that I need a Brand New Dell XPS 400 or 600).

"goldphix" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have Intel Pentium D Dual Core. I installed Windows 64bit Editipn Trial
> try it out.
> How to see, that system uses Dual Core? With HiperThread Technology
> Windows
> Task Manager shows 2 processors.
> What's about Dual Core?
>
> Thnkz

Andre Da Costa

Do you see all four processors in Task Manager out of the box or you have to
update your BIOS to enable support in operating systems such as XP Pro x64?
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Juergen Kluth" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> does your cpu have dual core AND hyperthreading ?
> then you can expect to see 4 processors
> jk

=?Utf-8?B?Z29sZHBoaXg=?=

Thnkz guyz for yours replies