Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Virtual PC 2004

Virtual PC 2004

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsZSBBZG9ybm8=?=

My name is Michele Adorno.
I'm a MCT!
I have a PC Fujitsu-Siemens with a AMD x2 3800+ and 4GB of RAM.

How I can to install Microsoft Virtual PC 2004?
The error say me " you are not running on a supported operating system"
Best Regards!
ing. Michele Adorno

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

You need to use virtual server 2005 R2 instead

Ken
------------------
"Michele Adorno" <Michele http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My name is Michele Adorno.
> I'm a MCT!
> I have a PC Fujitsu-Siemens with a AMD x2 3800+ and 4GB of RAM.
>
> How I can to install Microsoft Virtual PC 2004?
> The error say me " you are not running on a supported operating system"
> Best Regards!
> ing. Michele Adorno

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsZSBBZG9ybm8=?=

With virtual server 2005 R2 can i drag & drop with my desktop and My existent
machine (Microsoft virtual machine 2005 ) does work in virtual server 2005 R2
?
Thanks
ing. Michele Adorno

"Ken Tucker [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You need to use virtual server 2005 R2 instead
>
> Ken
> ------------------
> "Michele Adorno" <Michele (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My name is Michele Adorno.
> > I'm a MCT!
> > I have a PC Fujitsu-Siemens with a AMD x2 3800+ and 4GB of RAM.
> >
> > How I can to install Microsoft Virtual PC 2004?
> > The error say me " you are not running on a supported operating system"
> > Best Regards!
> > ing. Michele Adorno

Charlie Russel - MVP

Drag and drop isn't on the list of things that Virtual Server does, I'm
afraid. However, take a look at VMWare. Who will have a major announcement
tomorrow.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Michele Adorno wrote:
> With virtual server 2005 R2 can i drag & drop with my desktop and My
> existent machine (Microsoft virtual machine 2005 ) does work in virtual
> server 2005 R2 ?
> Thanks
> ing. Michele Adorno
>
> "Ken Tucker [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> You need to use virtual server 2005 R2 instead
>>
>> Ken
>> ------------------
>> "Michele Adorno" <Michele (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> My name is Michele Adorno.
>>> I'm a MCT!
>>> I have a PC Fujitsu-Siemens with a AMD x2 3800+ and 4GB of RAM.
>>>
>>> How I can to install Microsoft Virtual PC 2004?
>>> The error say me " you are not running on a supported operating system"
>>> Best Regards!
>>> ing. Michele Adorno

Mark Gillespie

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:51:07 -0000, Charlie Russel - MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Drag and drop isn't on the list of things that Virtual Server does, I'm
> afraid. However, take a look at VMWare. Who will have a major
> announcement
> tomorrow.

The major announcement being that GSX Server will be available FREE.
Surely the last nail of the Virtual Server/Virual PC coffin which lags
several years behind in performance and functionality, and still costs
money...

Andre Da Costa

Its not dead yet, Microsoft is planning to bundle Virtual PC Express Edition
with Windows Vista Enteprise Edition.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.s4inixaa2dvb1m@xpdesktop64...
> On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:51:07 -0000, Charlie Russel - MVP
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Drag and drop isn't on the list of things that Virtual Server does, I'm
>> afraid. However, take a look at VMWare. Who will have a major
>> announcement
>> tomorrow.
>>

> The major announcement being that GSX Server will be available FREE.
> Surely the last nail of the Virtual Server/Virual PC coffin which lags
> several years behind in performance and functionality, and still costs
> money...

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsZSBBZG9ybm8=?=

I HOPE THAT!
becouse i work with MOC Course!
thanks!
Michele Adorno

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Its not dead yet, Microsoft is planning to bundle Virtual PC Express Edition
> with Windows Vista Enteprise Edition.
> Andre
> Windows Connect | http://www.windowsconnected.com
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newsp.s4inixaa2dvb1m@xpdesktop64...
> > On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:51:07 -0000, Charlie Russel - MVP
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >> Drag and drop isn't on the list of things that Virtual Server does, I'm
> >> afraid. However, take a look at VMWare. Who will have a major
> >> announcement
> >> tomorrow.
> >>

> > The major announcement being that GSX Server will be available FREE.
> > Surely the last nail of the Virtual Server/Virual PC coffin which lags
> > several years behind in performance and functionality, and still costs
> > money...

Charlie Russel - MVP

Hardly dead yet, though certainly they're giving MS something to think
about! There are still times I like VS 2k5 R2 over VMWare Workstation 5.5,
though not all that many any more. One thing I really, really, want for
VMWare is the Virtual Server "VMRC" - with that, I have the best of both
worlds and don't need to open up the main desktop of my VM server machine at
all. And I can start VMs directly, monitor them during boot, capture clean
screen shots, etc., directly from my desktop.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Mark Gillespie wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 17:51:07 -0000, Charlie Russel - MVP
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Drag and drop isn't on the list of things that Virtual Server does, I'm
>> afraid. However, take a look at VMWare. Who will have a major
>> announcement
>> tomorrow.
>>

> The major announcement being that GSX Server will be available FREE.
> Surely the last nail of the Virtual Server/Virual PC coffin which lags
> several years behind in performance and functionality, and still costs
> money...

Charlie Russel - MVP

You'll need to find another way to do what you're doing. VPC will not be
available any time soon on x64. And drag and drop will not work on VS. I
don't see any reason whatsoever that you couldn't run VMWare to do your
courses, however.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Michele Adorno wrote:
> I HOPE THAT!
> becouse i work with MOC Course!
> thanks!
> Michele Adorno
>
> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
>> Its not dead yet, Microsoft is planning to bundle Virtual PC Express
>> Edition with Windows Vista Enteprise Edition.
>> --
>> --
>> Andre
>> Windows Connect | http://www.windowsconnected.com
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> newsp.s4inixaa2dvb1m@xpdesktop64...

>>> The major announcement being that GSX Server will be available FREE.
>>> Surely the last nail of the Virtual Server/Virual PC coffin which lags
>>> several years behind in performance and functionality, and still costs
>>> money...

=?Utf-8?B?TWljaGVsZSBBZG9ybm8=?=

ok! I understand that, but Microsoft ship me the MOC course fot the training
with
Microsoft Virtual PC!