Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Trial: How many days left?

Trial: How many days left?

Andreas Schwartmann

I am currently running Windows XP x64 trial version.

How can I find out how many days are left out of 180?

Andreas

Andre Da Costa

Click Start > Run > type in winver click ok

The Windows XP Professional x64 trial is 120 days, not 180 days.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Andreas Schwartmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ds0vc2$h3n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am currently running Windows XP x64 trial version.
>
> How can I find out how many days are left out of 180?
>

> Andreas

=?Utf-8?B?cHlyaWduaXM=?=

yes but how do you shich to the full version?

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Click Start > Run > type in winver click ok
>
> The Windows XP Professional x64 trial is 120 days, not 180 days.
> Andre
> Windows Connect | http://www.windowsconnected.com
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> "Andreas Schwartmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ds0vc2$h3n$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am currently running Windows XP x64 trial version.
> >
> > How can I find out how many days are left out of 180?
> >

> > Andreas

John Barnes

Did you ask? Andre has explained this 50 times or more in the last couple
of months. Search and ye shall find, or Andre will repost later.

"pyrignis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> yes but how do you shich to the full version?
>
> "Andre Da Costa" wrote:
>
>> Click Start > Run > type in winver click ok
>>
>> The Windows XP Professional x64 trial is 120 days, not 180 days.
>> --
>> --
>> Andre
>> Windows Connect | http://www.windowsconnected.com
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> "Andreas Schwartmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ds0vc2$h3n$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am currently running Windows XP x64 trial version.
>> >
>> > How can I find out how many days are left out of 180?
>> >

>> > Andreas

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

So you have been using the Trial RTM version of Windows XP Professional x64
for a few months now, you like it and decide to continue using it, but you
realize, its a trial that will eventually expire, so you will need the Full
OEM version.

You purchased the Full OEM version, your trial has not expired, all you do
is, put in the disk, and choose upgrade and you are done. One thing though,
you will have to reapply all Windows Updates sinces receiving the trial
since the RTM OEM Full version only has updates it was shipped with.

If its a case where your trial has expired and you don't want to format and
lose all that data, boot off the Full OEM RTM Windows XP Professional disk,
it will launch into setup, accept the F8 License agreement, you will have
option to do a Repair upgrade, select this and you are home free, again, you
will have reapply all Windows Update, since its kind of a Clean Upgrade that
saves all your files and personal settings.