Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > AVG 64bit

AVG 64bit

ChrisC

Hi, http://free.grisoft.com/doc/21/lng/us/tpl/v5 in case it hasn't already
been posted.....
ChrisC

Andre Da Costa

Thanks Chris
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"ChrisC" <cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23hHAoZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, http://free.grisoft.com/doc/21/lng/us/tpl/v5 in case it hasn't already
> been posted.....
> ChrisC

Mirko

Unfortunately the 64bit support hasn't made into "AVG Free for Windows" yet.
All other versions of AVG Anti-Virus 7.1 seem to have support for x64.

"ChrisC" <cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%23hHAoZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, http://free.grisoft.com/doc/21/lng/us/tpl/v5 in case it hasn't already
> been posted.....
> ChrisC

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Well, they are a business and they want to make money anyway they can.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Mirko" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Unfortunately the 64bit support hasn't made into "AVG Free for Windows"
> yet.
> All other versions of AVG Anti-Virus 7.1 seem to have support for x64.
>

> "ChrisC" <cuke2u(remove)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:%23hHAoZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi, http://free.grisoft.com/doc/21/lng/us/tpl/v5 in case it hasn't
>> already been posted.....
>> ChrisC

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

ChrisC wrote:

>Hi, http://free.grisoft.com/doc/21/lng/us/tpl/v5 in case it hasn't already
>been posted.....
>ChrisC

Um, not sure which news item you want us to see.

AVG Free does not support Windows x64 - only the paid editions of AVG
support Windows x64.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

Tony Butka

Steve Foster [SBS MVP] wrote:
> ChrisC wrote:
>
>> Hi, http://free.grisoft.com/doc/21/lng/us/tpl/v5 in case it hasn't
>> already been posted.....
>> ChrisC

> Um, not sure which news item you want us to see.
>
> AVG Free does not support Windows x64 - only the paid editions of AVG
> support Windows x64.

True, and I really had to think about shelling out the money. Then I
thought about rebuilding the boot partition, so yesterday I bought the
Pro version, and can report that it works just fine

Tony Butka

ChrisC

Hi, I'd have thought with the collected intelligence of all you guys you'd
have worked it out However here for the US
http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Single/lng/us/tpl/tpl01 and here for the UK, my
neck of the woods, http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Single/lng/uk/tpl/tpl01
Apologies for the confusion....
ChrisC
"Tony Butka" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP] wrote:
>> ChrisC wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, http://free.grisoft.com/doc/21/lng/us/tpl/v5 in case it hasn't
>>> already been posted.....
>>> ChrisC

>> Um, not sure which news item you want us to see.
>>
>> AVG Free does not support Windows x64 - only the paid editions of AVG
>> support Windows x64.
>>

> True, and I really had to think about shelling out the money. Then I
> thought about rebuilding the boot partition, so yesterday I bought the Pro
> version, and can report that it works just fine
>

> Tony Butka

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

ChrisC wrote:

>Hi, I'd have thought with the collected intelligence of all you guys you'd
>have worked it out However here for the US
>http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Single/lng/us/tpl/tpl01 and here for the UK, my
>neck of the woods, http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Single/lng/uk/tpl/tpl01
>Apologies for the confusion....

Well, you pointed us all to the AVG Free site. Since x64 support in the
paid versions of AVG is very old news, the implication was that there was
something new about the Free edition...

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
---------------------------------------

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Avast! 4.6
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Steve Foster [SBS MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> ChrisC wrote:
>
>>Hi, I'd have thought with the collected intelligence of all you guys you'd
>>have worked it out However here for the US
>>http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Single/lng/us/tpl/tpl01 and here for the UK, my
>>neck of the woods, http://www.grisoft.com/doc/Single/lng/uk/tpl/tpl01
>>Apologies for the confusion....

> Well, you pointed us all to the AVG Free site. Since x64 support in the
> paid versions of AVG is very old news, the implication was that there was
> something new about the Free edition...
>

> --
> Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

ChrisC

Hi, ok Steve, point taken however I, for one, didn't know, ok?
ChrisC