Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Mobile Phone Driver

Mobile Phone Driver

=?Utf-8?B?QXRjZ3V5MjE=?=

I have the Motorola ROKR E1. Well I recently installed 64 bit XP Pro and I
used the USB cable to hook up my phone to the PC. The Windows automatic
hardware window came on and said the hardware couldn't be installed
correctly. Is this because something in the phone doesn't recognize 64 bit
Windows? Or is this because there's no 64 bit driver built into Windows for
my ROKR? When I hook the phone up to my laptop with 32-bit XP it works fine.

Mike

If you can't find an x64 driver, the alternative is to use it in a
virtual machine. Keep the Vmware window in the foreground, and usb
devices will be installed in the guest os.

Mike

Peter Lawton

It'll likely be because there isn't a 64bit driver for it, I had the same
problem with my Sony Ericsson P910i USB SyncStation.

No sign of Sony Ericsson doing a 64 bit driver for my phone, but I was lucky
and found a 64bit version of the Sony Ericsson 32bit driver, that someone
had re-compiled, on the Web.

Peter Lawton

"Atcguy21" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the Motorola ROKR E1. Well I recently installed 64 bit XP Pro and I
> used the USB cable to hook up my phone to the PC. The Windows automatic
> hardware window came on and said the hardware couldn't be installed
> correctly. Is this because something in the phone doesn't recognize 64 bit
> Windows? Or is this because there's no 64 bit driver built into Windows
> for
> my ROKR? When I hook the phone up to my laptop with 32-bit XP it works
> fine.

Andre Da Costa

Same issue here Atcguy21, we need 64 bit drivers, my GPRS enabled Motorola
E398 is not compatible either. The Mobile Phone tools does not detect it.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Atcguy21" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the Motorola ROKR E1. Well I recently installed 64 bit XP Pro and I
> used the USB cable to hook up my phone to the PC. The Windows automatic
> hardware window came on and said the hardware couldn't be installed
> correctly. Is this because something in the phone doesn't recognize 64 bit
> Windows? Or is this because there's no 64 bit driver built into Windows
> for
> my ROKR? When I hook the phone up to my laptop with 32-bit XP it works
> fine.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

I guess the vmware thing is the best alternative.
I had to do that with my old scanner.
Carlos