Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Error 1719: Windows Installer Service

Error 1719: Windows Installer Service

=?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=

About the middle of November, I started getting this message when I try to
install or update many programs:

------------
Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is
not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.
------------

Another similar error suggests I might not have administrator rights, but
I'm not in safe mode, and I have administrator rights. In addition I've
logged in as administrator, with the same problems.

I have tried reverting back to previous saved versions, but they didn't go
back far enough. I've also tried everything listed on the Microsoft site that
addresses this issue.

Has anyone else been able to fix this problem?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Combination of things here, you are either running a BETA version of Windows
XP Professional x64 or you don't have the latest version of the Windows
Installer 3.1 installed.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Ogmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> About the middle of November, I started getting this message when I try to
> install or update many programs:
>
> ------------
> Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
> occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer
> is
> not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.
> ------------
>
> Another similar error suggests I might not have administrator rights, but
> I'm not in safe mode, and I have administrator rights. In addition I've
> logged in as administrator, with the same problems.
>
> I have tried reverting back to previous saved versions, but they didn't go
> back far enough. I've also tried everything listed on the Microsoft site
> that
> addresses this issue.
>
> Has anyone else been able to fix this problem?

=?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=

I never had the beta; I downloaded a free upgrade then reinstalled/updated it
when the media arrived.

I downloaded and installed Windows Installer 3.1 (not for the first time),
but I still have the same problem.

Could it be anything else?

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Combination of things here, you are either running a BETA version of Windows
> XP Professional x64 or you don't have the latest version of the Windows
> Installer 3.1 installed.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Ogmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > About the middle of November, I started getting this message when I try to
> > install or update many programs:
> >
> > ------------
> > Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
> > occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer
> > is
> > not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.
> > ------------
> >
> > Another similar error suggests I might not have administrator rights, but
> > I'm not in safe mode, and I have administrator rights. In addition I've
> > logged in as administrator, with the same problems.
> >
> > I have tried reverting back to previous saved versions, but they didn't go
> > back far enough. I've also tried everything listed on the Microsoft site
> > that
> > addresses this issue.
> >
> > Has anyone else been able to fix this problem?

John Barnes

GIYF. If you google this you will have a number articles which have an
number of possible solutions.
Error 1719: Windows Installer Service

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Combination of things here, you are either running a BETA version of
> Windows XP Professional x64 or you don't have the latest version of the
> Windows Installer 3.1 installed.
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Ogmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> About the middle of November, I started getting this message when I try
>> install or update many programs:
>>
>> ------------
>> Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
>> occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows
>> Installer is
>> not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.
>> ------------
>>
>> Another similar error suggests I might not have administrator rights, but
>> I'm not in safe mode, and I have administrator rights. In addition I've
>> logged in as administrator, with the same problems.
>>
>> I have tried reverting back to previous saved versions, but they didn't
>> go
>> back far enough. I've also tried everything listed on the Microsoft site
>> that
>> addresses this issue.
>>
>> Has anyone else been able to fix this problem?

=?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=

Google is how I found the fix on the Microsoft site. I've tried every
solution I've found, but no success.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> GIYF. If you google this you will have a number articles which have an
> number of possible solutions.
> Error 1719: Windows Installer Service

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Combination of things here, you are either running a BETA version of
> > Windows XP Professional x64 or you don't have the latest version of the
> > Windows Installer 3.1 installed.
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
> > --
> > Andre
> >
> > "Ogmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> About the middle of November, I started getting this message when I try
> >> install or update many programs:
> >>
> >> ------------
> >> Error 1719: The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can
> >> occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows
> >> Installer is
> >> not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance.
> >> ------------
> >>
> >> Another similar error suggests I might not have administrator rights, but
> >> I'm not in safe mode, and I have administrator rights. In addition I've
> >> logged in as administrator, with the same problems.
> >>
> >> I have tried reverting back to previous saved versions, but they didn't
> >> go
> >> back far enough. I've also tried everything listed on the Microsoft site
> >> that
> >> addresses this issue.
> >>
> >> Has anyone else been able to fix this problem?

Juergen Kluth

Hi,
I dont know wether it fits your problem.

Are your installation files in directory with very long names and /or
special signs ( + _ space ) ??

Try to install from a simpler directory ( like c:\inst ).

regards jk

John Barnes

Do you get any messages in your event logs? Your problem is similar to one
I had when trying to install .net 2.0 update. I went thru Microsoft and the
process involved many steps including a number of registry changes (mostly
changing permissions by right clicking on the keys). I will see if I have
the process copied down somewhere or a saved email. I won't be able to
search until later. Good luck.

"Ogmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Google is how I found the fix on the Microsoft site. I've tried every
> solution I've found, but no success.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> GIYF. If you google this you will have a number articles which have an
>> number of possible solutions.
>> Error 1719: Windows Installer Service

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Combination of things here, you are either running a BETA version of
>> > Windows XP Professional x64 or you don't have the latest version of the
>> > Windows Installer 3.1 installed.
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&Hash=YYCGHT7
>> > --
>> > Andre
>> > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> > Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>> > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>> > FAQ for MS AntiSpy
>> > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> >
>> > "Ogmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=

I hadn't thought of that, but nothing changed when I tried it.

Thanks,
Steve

"Juergen Kluth" wrote:

> Hi,
> I dont know wether it fits your problem.
>
> Are your installation files in directory with very long names and /or
> special signs ( + _ space ) ??
>
> Try to install from a simpler directory ( like c:\inst ).
>
> regards jk

=?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?=

I haven't checked the event logs, but I'd appreciate any help you can find.

Thanks,
Steve

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Do you get any messages in your event logs? Your problem is similar to one
> I had when trying to install .net 2.0 update. I went thru Microsoft and the
> process involved many steps including a number of registry changes (mostly
> changing permissions by right clicking on the keys). I will see if I have
> the process copied down somewhere or a saved email. I won't be able to
> search until later. Good luck.
>

> "Ogmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Google is how I found the fix on the Microsoft site. I've tried every
> > solution I've found, but no success.
> >
> > "John Barnes" wrote:
> >
> >> GIYF. If you google this you will have a number articles which have an
> >> number of possible solutions.
> >> Error 1719: Windows Installer Service
> >>

> >> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
What resolutions did you try from the Microsoft site?
for example:
315346 "Error 1719: The Windows Installer service could not be accessed"
error message when you try to add or remove a program

This only talks about 32-bit Windows.
With 64-bit Windows, you may also have to run msiexec /regserver from
within the syswow64 folder.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
<From: =?Utf-8?B?T2dtZWlzdGVy?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
<Subject: Re: Error 1719: Windows Installer Service
<Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 05:10:27 -0800
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
<
<"John Barnes" wrote:
<
<> Do you get any messages in your event logs? Your problem is similar to
one
<> I had when trying to install .net 2.0 update. I went thru Microsoft and
the
<> process involved many steps including a number of registry changes
(mostly
<> changing permissions by right clicking on the keys). I will see if I
have
<> the process copied down somewhere or a saved email. I won't be able to
<> search until later. Good luck.
<>
<>
<> "Ogmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<> > Google is how I found the fix on the Microsoft site. I've tried every
<> > solution I've found, but no success.
<> >
<> > "John Barnes" wrote:
<> >
<> >> GIYF. If you google this you will have a number articles which have
an
<> >> number of possible solutions.
<> >> Error 1719: Windows Installer Service
<> >>
<> >>
<> >> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<> >> > Combination of things here, you are either running a BETA version of
<> >> > Windows XP Professional x64 or you don't have the latest version of
the
<> >> > Windows Installer 3.1 installed.
<> >> >
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...b93-1886-4d47-
a18d-35581c42eca0&displaylang=en&Hash=YYCGHT7
<> >> > --
<> >> > Andre
<> >> > Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
<> >> > Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
<> >> > http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
<> >> > FAQ for MS AntiSpy
<> >> > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
<> >> >
<> >> > "Ogmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<> >> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<> >> >> About the middle of November, I started getting this message when
<> >> >> install or update many programs:
<> >> >>