Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Blue Error screen in setup

Blue Error screen in setup

=?Utf-8?B?U2ltZW9u?=

Hi, Im trying to update windows from xp to xp x64 but are having problems!

After booting off the Windows xp x64 CD, setup spends about 2 mins loading
sum stuff (like raid drivers etc...) and as soon as this finishes a blue
screen appears with a stop message.

"A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer.

pfn_list_corrupt

***STOP: (and then a load of number, mostly zeros from here like 0x0000004E)

Does anyone have any ideas, it would be nice to get it working soon as my
whole family use this computer! Thanks

John Barnes

Check this out and see if it helps
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291806

"Simeon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Im trying to update windows from xp to xp x64 but are having problems!
>
> After booting off the Windows xp x64 CD, setup spends about 2 mins loading
> sum stuff (like raid drivers etc...) and as soon as this finishes a blue
> screen appears with a stop message.
>
> "A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
> damage to your computer.
>
> pfn_list_corrupt
>
> ***STOP: (and then a load of number, mostly zeros from here like
> 0x0000004E)
>
> Does anyone have any ideas, it would be nice to get it working soon as my
> whole family use this computer! Thanks

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Also check the thread for information relating to this same issue:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Oper..._21512401.html
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Simeon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, Im trying to update windows from xp to xp x64 but are having problems!
>
> After booting off the Windows xp x64 CD, setup spends about 2 mins loading
> sum stuff (like raid drivers etc...) and as soon as this finishes a blue
> screen appears with a stop message.
>
> "A Problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
> damage to your computer.
>
> pfn_list_corrupt
>
> ***STOP: (and then a load of number, mostly zeros from here like
> 0x0000004E)
>
> Does anyone have any ideas, it would be nice to get it working soon as my
> whole family use this computer! Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?U2ltZW9u?=

Thanks for trying guys! but the suggestions in those links didnt solve the
problem! IM running windows XP pro on athlon64 3500.

It said in one of those links the problem may be caused by driver problems
for hardware..but.....Do you really require hardware drivers to begin the
setup process of winxp x64? All of which i have anyway, just cant see it
being the cause of the problem!