Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > wmi providers and cscript.exe

Reply
Thread Tools

wmi providers and cscript.exe

 
 
Anthony LaMark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-25-2006
Hi All,

Background:

My company provides solutions that utilize WMI Event Providers we wrote and
also a library of WSH scripts (written primarily in JScript but also uses
some VBScript via WSF technology) that utilize COM objects we also wrote.
The WMI Event Providers and the COM objects are written in C++.

Goal:

We want to move to 64-bit Windows.

Questions:

1. Does WMIPRVSE.EXE run in 64-bit mode?
2. If yes to question 1, then can I safely assume I can port the wmi event
providers to 64-bit?
3. Does CSCRIPT.EXE run in 64-bit mode?
4. If yes to question 3, then can I safely assume I can port the COM
objects used in our scripts library to 64-bit?

Any other thoughts regarding the above topics would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance,
Tony


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-26-2006
There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both of these programs on x64
Edition.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Anthony LaMark wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Background:
>
> My company provides solutions that utilize WMI Event Providers we wrote
> and also a library of WSH scripts (written primarily in JScript but also
> uses some VBScript via WSF technology) that utilize COM objects we also
> wrote. The WMI Event Providers and the COM objects are written in C++.
>
> Goal:
>
> We want to move to 64-bit Windows.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Does WMIPRVSE.EXE run in 64-bit mode?
> 2. If yes to question 1, then can I safely assume I can port the wmi
> event providers to 64-bit?
> 3. Does CSCRIPT.EXE run in 64-bit mode?
> 4. If yes to question 3, then can I safely assume I can port the COM
> objects used in our scripts library to 64-bit?
>
> Any other thoughts regarding the above topics would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Thank in advance,
> Tony



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Anthony LaMark
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-26-2006
Hi Charlie,

Great and thanks for such a quick response. Can you recommend some urls
that would give me details on how to utilize/invoke 64-bit cscript and WMI?
For example, is there a #pragma in the WMI MOF and is there a flag I can
pass to cscript.

Thanks again!

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both of these programs on x64
> Edition.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Anthony LaMark wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Background:
>>
>> My company provides solutions that utilize WMI Event Providers we wrote
>> and also a library of WSH scripts (written primarily in JScript but also
>> uses some VBScript via WSF technology) that utilize COM objects we also
>> wrote. The WMI Event Providers and the COM objects are written in C++.
>>
>> Goal:
>>
>> We want to move to 64-bit Windows.
>>
>> Questions:
>>
>> 1. Does WMIPRVSE.EXE run in 64-bit mode?
>> 2. If yes to question 1, then can I safely assume I can port the wmi
>> event providers to 64-bit?
>> 3. Does CSCRIPT.EXE run in 64-bit mode?
>> 4. If yes to question 3, then can I safely assume I can port the COM
>> objects used in our scripts library to 64-bit?
>>
>> Any other thoughts regarding the above topics would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>> Thank in advance,
>> Tony

>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Charlie Russel - MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-26-2006
Not off the top of my head. Google MSDN for it. On the cscript, it's easy.
You'll always get the 64-bit one, since it's first in your path, unless you
explicitly invoke the full path to the 32-bit one by calling
%windir%\SysWOW64\cscript.exe.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Anthony LaMark wrote:
> Hi Charlie,
>
> Great and thanks for such a quick response. Can you recommend some urls
> that would give me details on how to utilize/invoke 64-bit cscript and
> WMI? For example, is there a #pragma in the WMI MOF and is there a flag I
> can pass to cscript.
>
> Thanks again!
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There are both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both of these programs on
>> x64 Edition.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Anthony LaMark wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Background:
>>>
>>> My company provides solutions that utilize WMI Event Providers we wrote
>>> and also a library of WSH scripts (written primarily in JScript but also
>>> uses some VBScript via WSF technology) that utilize COM objects we also
>>> wrote. The WMI Event Providers and the COM objects are written in C++.
>>>
>>> Goal:
>>>
>>> We want to move to 64-bit Windows.
>>>
>>> Questions:
>>>
>>> 1. Does WMIPRVSE.EXE run in 64-bit mode?
>>> 2. If yes to question 1, then can I safely assume I can port the wmi
>>> event providers to 64-bit?
>>> 3. Does CSCRIPT.EXE run in 64-bit mode?
>>> 4. If yes to question 3, then can I safely assume I can port the COM
>>> objects used in our scripts library to 64-bit?
>>>
>>> Any other thoughts regarding the above topics would be greatly
>>> appreciated.
>>> Thank in advance,
>>> Tony



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WMI corrupted and Restore does not work =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbiAzREQ=?= Wireless Networking 5 02-06-2009 02:47 PM
Retrieving User credentials and Domain name through WMI in ASP.NE =?Utf-8?B?dmlqdTgy?= MCSD 1 09-07-2004 07:51 PM
Creating DNS Reverse Lookup zones, and PTR records using VBScript and WMI Rahul Apte ASP General 0 04-27-2004 11:43 AM
Lists: XQuery engines, JDBC and ODBC drivers, OLE DB and .NET providers, DB2 extenders Ken North XML 0 04-17-2004 09:26 PM
WMI and ASP.NET Richard Schneider ASP .Net 1 07-11-2003 12:28 AM



Advertisments