Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Lexmark Z53 Printer on Win XP x64

Lexmark Z53 Printer on Win XP x64

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

I cannot get my Lexmark Z53 printer to work. I contacted the manufacturer
and they do not plan on supporting the device with an updated driver. As a
college student, having a printer would be great. If anyone knows how to get
this printer to work, I would be much obliged. Thank you in advance.

John Barnes

I would give the included z52 or z42 driver a try.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I cannot get my Lexmark Z53 printer to work. I contacted the manufacturer
> and they do not plan on supporting the device with an updated driver. As a
> college student, having a printer would be great. If anyone knows how to
> get
> this printer to work, I would be much obliged. Thank you in advance.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Hmmm. A printer that was discontinued in 2002? You're not likely to get a
full driver for it, and I can't even really fault Lexmark given the age.
BUT, that being said, I believe it should work with the built in Lexmark Z52
Color Jetprinter driver. It may not be perfect, but should be acceptable.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Mike wrote:
> I cannot get my Lexmark Z53 printer to work. I contacted the manufacturer
> and they do not plan on supporting the device with an updated driver. As a
> college student, having a printer would be great. If anyone knows how to
> get this printer to work, I would be much obliged. Thank you in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?TWlrZQ==?=

I tried the Z52 driver and it worked for about a day, then Windows Update
did something and it doesn't work anymore. I uninstalled it and installed it
again and I can't seem to get it to work.

Charlie Russel - MVP

I'd do some serious registry hacking and rip out any vestige of the printer,
then try installing it again. Of course, the usual cautions about editing
the registry, apply. It can leave you in a non-working, non-bootable state.
You've been warned. Etc. But honestly, that's what I'd do. Well, actually
what I'd do is go out and buy an inexpensive, PCL+PS printer and connect it
to my network. Then I wouldn't have any more problems. But lacking that...

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Mike wrote:
> I tried the Z52 driver and it worked for about a day, then Windows Update
> did something and it doesn't work anymore. I uninstalled it and installed
> it again and I can't seem to get it to work.

John Barnes

You might try running thru the printer troubleshooting routing. Maybe it is
as simple as being pointed to the wrong printer port now.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I tried the Z52 driver and it worked for about a day, then Windows Update
> did something and it doesn't work anymore. I uninstalled it and installed
> it
> again and I can't seem to get it to work.

John Barnes

that's routine, not routing. sorry
news:(E-Mail Removed)...