Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Is it me?

Is it me?

M. Murcek

Or are some of the more recent replies to some posts just testy and ornery
and not particularly interested in getting / giving help?

I hope it's just me...

Andre Da Costa

Could you point out some examples?
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Or are some of the more recent replies to some posts just testy and ornery
> and not particularly interested in getting / giving help?
>
> I hope it's just me...

Charlie Russel-MVP

Well, we do have a troll loose here. But other than that, I don't think so.
Certainly that wouldn't be anyone's intent, I don't think, though it can
easily happen when folks get short of time and tired. We've been very
fortunate in this NG to have a really helpful core, and I expect that to
continue. And don't be shy about jumping in where you think someone is being
overly testy. We all need to be reminded sometimes.

Charlie
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

"M. Murcek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Or are some of the more recent replies to some posts just testy and ornery
> and not particularly interested in getting / giving help?
>
> I hope it's just me...

=?Utf-8?B?bm92aWNlMDM=?=

I just received two or three very crude and rude remarks to my post instead
of an answer...What is going on?

"M. Murcek" wrote:

> Or are some of the more recent replies to some posts just testy and ornery
> and not particularly interested in getting / giving help?
>
> I hope it's just me...

Charlie Russel - MVP

Interesting, since I see no other posts from you "novice03" any time
recently.

Seriously, there hasn't been any crudity here that I'm aware of. Well,
except for one troll who seems to think he'll impress folks by insulting
those of us who are here every day trying to help.

If you didn't get your question answered, by all means ask again. Our answer
may not be the one you want, but it shouldn't be either rude or crude.

(and, while I would never suggest that you post from a "real" email address,
I do suggest you identify yourself with a real, or at least consistent,
name. It makes it easier for everyone, and helps build this community.)

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64