Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > DVD Decoder

DVD Decoder

=?Utf-8?B?Q2h1Y2sgV29ydGh5?=

The first time that I installed XP, X64 I found on Microsoft a DVD Decoder
for Win XP, X64. After reinstalling operating system due to problems I
cannot find it again. Can anyone help with a link?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Check out this article with info by Carlos about DVD Decoders and Windows
x64:
http://extended64.com/blogs/andre/ar...1/04/1616.aspx
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Chuck Worthy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> The first time that I installed XP, X64 I found on Microsoft a DVD Decoder
> for Win XP, X64. After reinstalling operating system due to problems I
> cannot find it again. Can anyone help with a link?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Andre:
Thanks for quoting me!

Carlos

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Check out this article with info by Carlos about DVD Decoders and Windows
> x64:
> http://extended64.com/blogs/andre/ar...1/04/1616.aspx
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Chuck Worthy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > The first time that I installed XP, X64 I found on Microsoft a DVD Decoder
> > for Win XP, X64. After reinstalling operating system due to problems I
> > cannot find it again. Can anyone help with a link?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Chuck:
This is the page you saw on Microsoft site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...spx#DVDDecoder
Carlos

"Chuck Worthy" wrote:

> The first time that I installed XP, X64 I found on Microsoft a DVD Decoder
> for Win XP, X64. After reinstalling operating system due to problems I
> cannot find it again. Can anyone help with a link?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You deserve it.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre:
> Thanks for quoting me!
>
> Carlos
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Check out this article with info by Carlos about DVD Decoders and Windows
>> x64:
>> http://extended64.com/blogs/andre/ar...1/04/1616.aspx
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Chuck Worthy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > The first time that I installed XP, X64 I found on Microsoft a DVD
>> > Decoder
>> > for Win XP, X64. After reinstalling operating system due to problems I
>> > cannot find it again. Can anyone help with a link?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2h1Y2sgV29ydGh5?=

Yes, but I also found somewhere within Microsfot a decoder for X64 &
downloaded it, it worked great. Just wish that I had been smart enough to
save the file, not just install it from the web.

"Carlos" wrote:

> Chuck:
> This is the page you saw on Microsoft site:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...spx#DVDDecoder
> Carlos
>
> "Chuck Worthy" wrote:
>
> > The first time that I installed XP, X64 I found on Microsoft a DVD Decoder
> > for Win XP, X64. After reinstalling operating system due to problems I
> > cannot find it again. Can anyone help with a link?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Ok, somewhere in Microsoft could mean two things, either the website or the
operating system, which is it? I know it does not come with OS and
thirdparty ones you have to buy.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Chuck Worthy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, but I also found somewhere within Microsfot a decoder for X64 &
> downloaded it, it worked great. Just wish that I had been smart enough to
> save the file, not just install it from the web.
>
> "Carlos" wrote:
>
>> Chuck:
>> This is the page you saw on Microsoft site:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...spx#DVDDecoder
>> Carlos
>>
>> "Chuck Worthy" wrote:
>>
>> > The first time that I installed XP, X64 I found on Microsoft a DVD
>> > Decoder
>> > for Win XP, X64. After reinstalling operating system due to problems I
>> > cannot find it again. Can anyone help with a link?

Barb Bowman

there is no 64 bit decoder to watch DVD's available from MS. or anyone
else. what IS available is the 64 bit Windows Media ENcoder.

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:05:07 -0800, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ok, somewhere in Microsoft could mean two things, either the website or the
>operating system, which is it? I know it does not come with OS and
>thirdparty ones you have to buy.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone Columnist

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I know, but chuck is making it sound like a DVD Decoder comes with WMP 10 on
x64.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Barb Bowman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> there is no 64 bit decoder to watch DVD's available from MS. or anyone
> else. what IS available is the 64 bit Windows Media ENcoder.
>
> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:05:07 -0800, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Ok, somewhere in Microsoft could mean two things, either the website or
>>the
>>operating system, which is it? I know it does not come with OS and
>>thirdparty ones you have to buy.

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP
> Expert Zone Columnist

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Decoders whose links are in MS site
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...spx#DVDDecoder) are third party (not free) x86 decoders that work together with WMP10.
After all, wmp10 is an x86 app.
No x64 players, no x64 decoders.
(I know you got it right Andre, but the rest...)

dvd decoder pat Computer Support 1 01-06-2004 03:41 PM
dvd decoder pat Computer Support 2 01-02-2004 03:26 PM
NEC PC Zoran DVD decoder Bob Peterson Computer Support 2 08-18-2003 01:27 AM
DVD decoder Software darkrats Computer Support 2 06-23-2003 04:19 PM

Advertisments