Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Copmuter Rebooting while in Network Places

Copmuter Rebooting while in Network Places

=?Utf-8?B?Y3JzaG92ZXJpZGUx?=

This past couple weeks my pc's seem to either shut down on there own or they
reboot themselves. I've built two brand new machines and they both reboot
themselves when I'm in a folder on the network I'm my home. Any ideas?

Andre Da Costa

Are there any messages in the Event Viewer, any unusual processes running in
the background? (Right Click Taskbar > click Task Manager > Processes (tab)
to see if this is the case).
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"crshoveride1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This past couple weeks my pc's seem to either shut down on there own or
> they
> reboot themselves. I've built two brand new machines and they both reboot
> themselves when I'm in a folder on the network I'm my home. Any ideas?

=?Utf-8?B?Y3JzaG92ZXJpZGUx?=

no not that I can tell. Some of the stuff in that list I'm not too sure what
it is, but they look legit. These are fresh installs, I wouldn't think there
would be anything running in there that shouldn't just yet.

"Andre Da Costa" wrote:

> Are there any messages in the Event Viewer, any unusual processes running in
> the background? (Right Click Taskbar > click Task Manager > Processes (tab)
> to see if this is the case).
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
> "crshoveride1" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > This past couple weeks my pc's seem to either shut down on there own or
> > they
> > reboot themselves. I've built two brand new machines and they both reboot
> > themselves when I'm in a folder on the network I'm my home. Any ideas?

Andre Da Costa

Windows XP restarts unexpectedly or restarts when you shut down the computer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320299/

A shutdown that is not initiated by the operating system, an application, a
service, or the Shut Down Windows dialog box is an unexpected shutdown
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...b_tol_amgv.asp