Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64 bit and SQL Express

64 bit and SQL Express

David Morse

Can SQL Express be installed on Windows XP 64 bit? It says only server 2003
64 bit is supported.

Andre Da Costa

Nope, they listed every 32-bit and 64-bit Edition of Windows it runs on. Its
quite strange though, since x86 XP is supported and XP Professional x64 is
based on the same code base as Server 2003 x64.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"David Morse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can SQL Express be installed on Windows XP 64 bit? It says only server
> 2003 64 bit is supported.

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

I am not sure where are finding the supported operating systems for sql
express but it shows windows x64 editions. I have an instance of it running
on my machine. The 64 bit version of SQL Server 2005 developer edition will
not run on xp x64 pro only the 32bit version will.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/sql/download/

Ken
----------------------
"David Morse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can SQL Express be installed on Windows XP 64 bit? It says only server
> 2003 64 bit is supported.

Andre Da Costa

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/edition...s/sysreqs.mspx
Andre