Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Symantec AV Corporate Edition 10 and X64

Symantec AV Corporate Edition 10 and X64

The Frozen Canuck

I assume you can only use this if you are connected to a Network where
Symantec AV Corporate Edition 10 is installed on the server and you are a
client? We use McAfee at work and it's the same situation with my version
of X64 there.

--
The Frozen Canuck

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You cannot update through a parent server in this release, I haven't checked
to find out if there is a fix or update for it available.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"The Frozen Canuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kehyf.57535$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>I assume you can only use this if you are connected to a Network where
>Symantec AV Corporate Edition 10 is installed on the server and you are a
>client? We use McAfee at work and it's the same situation with my version
>of X64 there.
>
> --
> The Frozen Canuck

Timothy Drouillard

You should be able to use it just fine all by itself.
When installing it, just select 'unmanaged' rather than 'managed'.

In this case, it should run all by itself. Yes you will lose the
funtionality of being able to get automatic updates from a server, but you
should be able to use liveupdate to update it yourself.

"The Frozen Canuck" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kehyf.57535$(E-Mail Removed).. .
>I assume you can only use this if you are connected to a Network where
>Symantec AV Corporate Edition 10 is installed on the server and you are a
>client? We use McAfee at work and it's the same situation with my version
>of X64 there.
>
> --
> The Frozen Canuck

Niklas Engfelt

The 10.0.2.2000 x64 version works fine in unmanaged mode with automatic
updates. I updated to the latest LiveUpdate software version (32-bit
application, there is no 64-bit available for LiveUpdate) and it works
fine. Sometimes when I do a manual update (just for fun, it says it
cannot install the updates after downloading them. If I choose to try
again it downloads a full update instead of the small incremental
update which it downloaded before. This full second update works fine
though.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Thanks for this update.
--