Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > command to put PC into standby ???

command to put PC into standby ???

Alexis

The standby (or sleep) bottom is missing from my keyboard (Microsoft
Ergonomic 4000).
I would like to assign a key to put the PC into standby, Any ideas how to do
it?
I know the command to put int hibernation mode :

%windir%\System32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState

is there any similar command to standby mode??

Thanks in advance

Alexis

Jud Hendrix

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:08:30 +0200, "Alexis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The standby (or sleep) bottom is missing from my keyboard (Microsoft
>Ergonomic 4000).

In the Control Panel, under Power Options -> Advanced, you can set the
function of your power-button to Stand By. No need for an extra key.
Providing of course you can reach the power-button.

jud