Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > HD Sata detected like removable media

HD Sata detected like removable media

=?Utf-8?B?cm9nbG9wZXM=?=

Dear friends,

I'm using XP 64bits, and I've a HD SATA, it is being detected like removable
media.
In the system tray appears a icon like when i plug a pen drive for example.
How I correct this?

John Barnes

You don't correct it. This is the way it is supposed to be. SATA are
removable devices, as are USB

"roglopes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear friends,
>
> I'm using XP 64bits, and I've a HD SATA, it is being detected like
> removable
> media.
> In the system tray appears a icon like when i plug a pen drive for
> example.
> How I correct this?

Mark Gillespie

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:54:02 -0000, roglopes
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I'm using XP 64bits, and I've a HD SATA, it is being detected like
> removable
> media.
> In the system tray appears a icon like when i plug a pen drive for
> example.
> How I correct this?

SATA supports hot swapping, so essentially is Removeable media...

=?Utf-8?B?cm9nbG9wZXM=?=

I've hual boot system,
Windows XP Pro and Windows XP 64.
In windows XP 32bits the same HD doesn't appear like Removable media?
Why in XP 32bits doesn't appear then ?

"Mark Gillespie" wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 15:54:02 -0000, roglopes
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Dear friends,
> >
> > I'm using XP 64bits, and I've a HD SATA, it is being detected like
> > removable
> > media.
> > In the system tray appears a icon like when i plug a pen drive for
> > example.
> > How I correct this?

> SATA supports hot swapping, so essentially is Removeable media...

John Barnes

FYI on my computer now it shows as removable on both systems. Earlier
BIOS's had different combinations. Sometimes one system and not the other,
sometimes neither.
You can always unplug any drive, but you cannot safely remove the drive as
long as it is in use by the system. So you cannot accidentally cause a
problem.