Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64-bit audio drivers?

64-bit audio drivers?

teh.bolt@gmail.com

I'm desperately trying to get my audio up and working on my 64-bit PC,
but I can't find drivers that work for the life of me. I tried using
the AC'97 64-bit installer from Realtek's site, but not only does it
not work, it doesn't look like it even installed anything (which was a
big letdown after having to cope with their horribly slow download
servers).

Does anyone have any links to audio drivers that are proven to work on
Win x64?

Andre Da Costa

Try checking out the download section on http://www.planetamd64.com to see
if there are at least any beta drivers or work arounds you can use to get it
working.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm desperately trying to get my audio up and working on my 64-bit PC,
> but I can't find drivers that work for the life of me. I tried using
> the AC'97 64-bit installer from Realtek's site, but not only does it
> not work, it doesn't look like it even installed anything (which was a
> big letdown after having to cope with their horribly slow download
> servers).
>
> Does anyone have any links to audio drivers that are proven to work on
> Win x64?

John Barnes

Not without you telling us what sound card you are using. If it is on the
motherboard, give the mobo make and model. Have you made sure you have the
proper sound settings in your BIOS?

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> I'm desperately trying to get my audio up and working on my 64-bit PC,
> but I can't find drivers that work for the life of me. I tried using
> the AC'97 64-bit installer from Realtek's site, but not only does it
> not work, it doesn't look like it even installed anything (which was a
> big letdown after having to cope with their horribly slow download
> servers).
>
> Does anyone have any links to audio drivers that are proven to work on
> Win x64?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

Realtek HAS working x64 drivers for ther mobo embedded audio chipsets.
Please do as John Barnes is saying: give us details about your mobo.
Carlos

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> I'm desperately trying to get my audio up and working on my 64-bit PC,
> but I can't find drivers that work for the life of me. I tried using
> the AC'97 64-bit installer from Realtek's site, but not only does it
> not work, it doesn't look like it even installed anything (which was a
> big letdown after having to cope with their horribly slow download
> servers).
>
> Does anyone have any links to audio drivers that are proven to work on
> Win x64?

teh.bolt@gmail.com

My mobo is a WinFast 760GXK8MB. IT can't be too old; DirectX 9.0 was on
the install CD that came with it.

Thanks for the link, but I tried those drivers and they're not working.
):

Rick

You need to be more specific about your hardware and your problem. I
have been using the RealTek 64-bit drivers for over 2 years now and have
never encountered a problem!

> I'm desperately trying to get my audio up and working on my 64-bit PC,
> but I can't find drivers that work for the life of me. I tried using
> the AC'97 64-bit installer from Realtek's site, but not only does it
> not work, it doesn't look like it even installed anything (which was a
> big letdown after having to cope with their horribly slow download
> servers).
>
> Does anyone have any links to audio drivers that are proven to work on
> Win x64?

John Barnes

This says it all.

The ALC655 is a 16-bit, full-duplex AC'97 Rev. 2.3 compatible six-channel
audio CODEC designed for PC multimedia systems, including host/soft audio
and AMR/CNR-based designs.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> My mobo is a WinFast 760GXK8MB. IT can't be too old; DirectX 9.0 was on
> the install CD that came with it.
>
> Thanks for the link, but I tried those drivers and they're not working.
> ):

Leo

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> My mobo is a WinFast 760GXK8MB. IT can't be too old; DirectX 9.0 was on
> the install CD that came with it.
>
> Thanks for the link, but I tried those drivers and they're not working.
> ):

Your mobo has an on-board audio which is controlled by the SiS 760GX
chipset using the Realtek ALC655 codec, providing 6 channels.
Download your drivers from here:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&Software=True
<http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True>

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

This is the official page of your mobo for downloads.
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/produc...d=760GXK8MB-RS
An audio driver for x64 is there:
http://www.foxconnchannel.com/downlo...60M01A373a.zip
Here's also a post with audio problems:
http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...hp/t10589.html
Carlos

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> My mobo is a WinFast 760GXK8MB. IT can't be too old; DirectX 9.0 was on
> the install CD that came with it.
>
> Thanks for the link, but I tried those drivers and they're not working.
> ):

John Barnes

Thanks for the research Carlos

news:(E-Mail Removed)...