Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > i was wondering ........

i was wondering ........

=?Utf-8?B?WmVhbG90b3I=?=

i would like to know where or if anyone can tell me here what exactly is the
differences between a normal edition of xp or x64 and the Corp edition of xp
or x64 ...... what exactly make up the differences in the corp editions ???
thanx

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

There is no such thing a "Corp edition", but that is often a name given to
pirated copies of Volume License.
Functionally Volume License is identical to the normal editions.The main
differences are in activation.

Volume Licensing Home:
http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.mspx

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Zealotor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i would like to know where or if anyone can tell me here what exactly is
>the
> differences between a normal edition of xp or x64 and the Corp edition of
> xp
> or x64 ...... what exactly make up the differences in the corp editions
> ???
> thanx

=?Utf-8?B?WmVhbG90b3I=?=

that would explain it coz a guy told me that his corp edition is the best and
better than normal editions ...... so i didnt quite understand him, thanx so
much

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> There is no such thing a "Corp edition", but that is often a name given to
> pirated copies of Volume License.
> Functionally Volume License is identical to the normal editions.The main
> differences are in activation.
>
> Volume Licensing Home:
> http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.mspx
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Zealotor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >i would like to know where or if anyone can tell me here what exactly is
> >the
> > differences between a normal edition of xp or x64 and the Corp edition of
> > xp
> > or x64 ...... what exactly make up the differences in the corp editions
> > ???
> > thanx

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

The only major difference in the Volume License edition of XP Professional
x64 are tools for unattended setup and WinPE and thats most useful in
networked environments where folks want to major role outs of Windows.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Zealotor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> that would explain it coz a guy told me that his corp edition is the best
> and
> better than normal editions ...... so i didnt quite understand him, thanx
> so
> much
>

> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There is no such thing a "Corp edition", but that is often a name given
>> pirated copies of Volume License.
>> Functionally Volume License is identical to the normal editions.The main
>> differences are in activation.
>>
>> Volume Licensing Home:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.mspx
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Zealotor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >i would like to know where or if anyone can tell me here what exactly is
>> >the
>> > differences between a normal edition of xp or x64 and the Corp edition
>> > of
>> > xp
>> > or x64 ...... what exactly make up the differences in the corp editions
>> > ???
>> > thanx

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Ask him to explain "best and better"
It sounds like he is bragging, possibly unknowingly, he has a stolen copy.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"Zealotor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> that would explain it coz a guy told me that his corp edition is the best
> and
> better than normal editions ...... so i didnt quite understand him, thanx
> so
> much
>

> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> There is no such thing a "Corp edition", but that is often a name given
>> pirated copies of Volume License.
>> Functionally Volume License is identical to the normal editions.The main
>> differences are in activation.
>>
>> Volume Licensing Home:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.mspx
>>
>> --
>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>

>> "Zealotor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >i would like to know where or if anyone can tell me here what exactly is
>> >the
>> > differences between a normal edition of xp or x64 and the Corp edition
>> > of
>> > xp
>> > or x64 ...... what exactly make up the differences in the corp editions
>> > ???
>> > thanx

John Barnes

Or maybe setting up a sucker.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Ask him to explain "best and better"
> It sounds like he is bragging, possibly unknowingly, he has a stolen copy.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Zealotor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> that would explain it coz a guy told me that his corp edition is the best
>> and
>> better than normal editions ...... so i didnt quite understand him, thanx
>> so
>> much
>>

>> "Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> There is no such thing a "Corp edition", but that is often a name given
>>> pirated copies of Volume License.
>>> Functionally Volume License is identical to the normal editions.The main
>>> differences are in activation.
>>>
>>> Volume Licensing Home:
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/default.mspx
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>>> http://www.dts-l.org
>>>

>>> "Zealotor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Very good possibility...
Still not good.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

news:uDz%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Or maybe setting up a sucker.

NoNoBadDog!

"Zealotor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i would like to know where or if anyone can tell me here what exactly is
>the
> differences between a normal edition of xp or x64 and the Corp edition of
> xp
> or x64 ...... what exactly make up the differences in the corp editions
> ???
> thanx

There is no such thing as a "corporate" edition. Anyone who uses that term
is showing their ignorance.

Bobby