Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Firewire DVD Camera Not Capturing

Firewire DVD Camera Not Capturing

=?Utf-8?B?bW1jZ2lubGV5?=

Hello All,

XP x64. Computer could capture video from a DVD camcorder over firewire.
Upgraded to SP1 for x64 and I cold no longer capture video from my camcorder
using Pinnacle Studio 10. The device manager sees the camcorder, but I can
not capture video.

I have noticed that XP SP2 has had similar 1394 issues and have released a
few updates.

Any suggestions on resolving this issue or anybody else having similar
issues? Again, installing XP x64 SP1 broke this.

Regards,

Matt

John Barnes

X64 was released with SP1. You may be able to uninstall any updates you may
be talking about.

"mmcginley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello All,
>
> XP x64. Computer could capture video from a DVD camcorder over firewire.
> Upgraded to SP1 for x64 and I cold no longer capture video from my
> camcorder
> using Pinnacle Studio 10. The device manager sees the camcorder, but I
> can
> not capture video.
>
> I have noticed that XP SP2 has had similar 1394 issues and have released a
> few updates.
>
> Any suggestions on resolving this issue or anybody else having similar
> issues? Again, installing XP x64 SP1 broke this.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt

=?Utf-8?B?bW1jZ2lubGV5?=

Good point. I am asking this for a co-worker. He says the only thing that
he did was perform the latest Windows update yesterday. Sorry for the
confussion.