Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > IEEE 802.1x EAP Type Not Showing

IEEE 802.1x EAP Type Not Showing

=?Utf-8?B?UGF1bA==?=

When I go into Wireless properties and attempt to make a new connection, all
goes well until I get to the Authentication Tab:
Wireless Network Connection Properties -> Wireless Networks -> Add -> (New
Window) Authentication
Enable IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network
I need this to connect to my school's wireless network. I had an issue with
WMI, but I repaired the corrupt files and WMI works, however, I think there
might be an issue with rasppp.dll because I noticed in regedit that's where
EAP/PEAP stuff is located. I might be wrong, this is just hours of stumbling
about.
I have the Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter on PRO/100 VE
Network Connection (Centrino 802.11b Gateway 200ARC laptop)
WinXP Professional Service Pack 2
So if anyone can somehow assist in getting me to the point where I can allow
my smart card to use PEAP for my school's network, that'd be awesome.

Thanks,

Paul

Chris Gual [MSFT]

Hi Paul,

If you have had corrupted files within Windows XP, you should use your
Windows XP CD to repair your installation. Here is a link to detailed steps
on how to do this:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...ps/doug92.mspx

You will probably have to reinstall Service Pack 2 as well.

Thanks,
Chris Gual[MSFT]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...