Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Flash player

Flash player

Sam Steinhauser

Several web sites I visit prompt me to download the FlashPlayer. I try to do
so but I still am missing content in some areas. Is there a way to get Flash
animations to work with x64?

Rick

Use the 32-bit I.E.

There is no 64-bit FlashPlayer for 64-bit I.E., nor is there is 64-bit
browser support from Java currently.

Sam Steinhauser wrote:
> Several web sites I visit prompt me to download the FlashPlayer. I try to do
> so but I still am missing content in some areas. Is there a way to get Flash
> animations to work with x64?

Peter Lawton

That's one of the things I really like about 64 bit MSIE - NO FLASH !

I keep disabling the flash plugin on 32bit MSIE bit it seems to keep
re-enabling itself, 64 bit MSIE doesn't have that problem at all

Peter Lawton

"Sam Steinhauser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eV97k$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Several web sites I visit prompt me to download the FlashPlayer. I try to
> do so but I still am missing content in some areas. Is there a way to get
> Flash animations to work with x64?

Andre Da Costa

Honestly, the Windows Team should have just hid that IE 64-Bit icon, it does
not serve any utter purpose!
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
news:%23p%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Use the 32-bit I.E.
>
> There is no 64-bit FlashPlayer for 64-bit I.E., nor is there is 64-bit
> browser support from Java currently.
>

> Sam Steinhauser wrote:
>> Several web sites I visit prompt me to download the FlashPlayer. I try to
>> do so but I still am missing content in some areas. Is there a way to get
>> Flash animations to work with x64?

Charlie Russel - MVP

Nope, they put it there for people like me, who hate flash with a passion.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Andre Da Costa wrote:
> Honestly, the Windows Team should have just hid that IE 64-Bit icon, it
> does not serve any utter purpose!
> --
>> Use the 32-bit I.E.
>>
>> There is no 64-bit FlashPlayer for 64-bit I.E., nor is there is 64-bit
>> browser support from Java currently.
>>

>> Sam Steinhauser wrote:
>>> Several web sites I visit prompt me to download the FlashPlayer. I try
>>> to do so but I still am missing content in some areas. Is there a way
>>> to get Flash animations to work with x64?

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

That's because none of you have ever tried Avant Browser
(http://www.avantbrowser.com/).
Free, lightweitght, 32-bit, multi-tabbed.
Allows you not to load images, flash (here you go, Charlie) with a single
click of very accessible buttons.
Once you try it, there is no turning back.
I never use IE.
Always Avant Browser.
Carlos

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Nope, they put it there for people like me, who hate flash with a passion.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Andre Da Costa wrote:
> > Honestly, the Windows Team should have just hid that IE 64-Bit icon, it
> > does not serve any utter purpose!
> > --
> >> Use the 32-bit I.E.
> >>
> >> There is no 64-bit FlashPlayer for 64-bit I.E., nor is there is 64-bit
> >> browser support from Java currently.

Sam Steinhauser

Thanks for the input. You really don't think the IE 64 is just a little bit
quicker?

Andre Da Costa

Ahh, how could I forget? Catering to every users need.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Nope, they put it there for people like me, who hate flash with a passion.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Andre Da Costa wrote:
>> Honestly, the Windows Team should have just hid that IE 64-Bit icon, it
>> does not serve any utter purpose!
>> --
>>> Use the 32-bit I.E.
>>>
>>> There is no 64-bit FlashPlayer for 64-bit I.E., nor is there is 64-bit
>>> browser support from Java currently.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Carlos -- even if I wanted to use a different browser, it would be
difficult. Since I have to support and write about MS operating systems,
it's really a lot easier for me to use IE. There are certainly others I'd
try, and Avant is one of them. But ultimately my job makes it best to stick
with "stock" whenever I can. (Note, this has nothing to do with my MVP
status - many MVPs use Firefox or another third party browser these days.
But does have to do with writing about MS products for a living. )

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Carlos wrote:
> That's because none of you have ever tried Avant Browser
> (http://www.avantbrowser.com/).
> Free, lightweitght, 32-bit, multi-tabbed.
> Allows you not to load images, flash (here you go, Charlie) with a single
> click of very accessible buttons.
> Once you try it, there is no turning back.
> I never use IE.
> Always Avant Browser.
> Carlos
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Nope, they put it there for people like me, who hate flash with a
>> passion.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>>
>> Andre Da Costa wrote:
>>> Honestly, the Windows Team should have just hid that IE 64-Bit icon, it
>>> does not serve any utter purpose!
>>> --

Colin Barnhorst

It is a little quicker but that is not much help on sites like Microsoft
Update where an activex control is 32-bit. Where there are no issues like
that it is a nice browser.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...