Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Support of NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 GPU

Support of NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 GPU

Gilles Vollant \(MVP\)

Hello,

I've installed Windows 64 bits on a computer with a "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti
4200" graphics adapter.

This is AGP 8x adapter, and Pnp ID is VEN_10DE&DEV_0281

This is very strange, because this adapter is not supported natively b 64
bits driver.

I downloaded 81.98 forceware, both 32 and 64 bits

32 bits nv4_disp.inf contain line for this adapter
64 bits nv4_disp.inf don't contain line for this adapter

this is strange, because :
- 64 bits nv4_disp.inf support older and slower card (like Geforce 4 MX420
or Geforce 4 MX 440)
- if I force nvidia driver installation, the driver run well.
- the file " 81.98_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf" , page 51, say that Geforce4
Ti 4200 is supported by both 32 and 64 bits windows drivers

=?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=

Hi Giles, I had the same trouble and after emailing nVidia I found that the
driver 81.95 works in the 64 bit O/S

"Gilles Vollant (MVP)" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've installed Windows 64 bits on a computer with a "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti
> 4200" graphics adapter.
>
> This is AGP 8x adapter, and Pnp ID is VEN_10DE&DEV_0281
>

> This is very strange, because this adapter is not supported natively b 64
> bits driver.
>
> I downloaded 81.98 forceware, both 32 and 64 bits
>
> 32 bits nv4_disp.inf contain line for this adapter
> 64 bits nv4_disp.inf don't contain line for this adapter
>
> this is strange, because :
> - 64 bits nv4_disp.inf support older and slower card (like Geforce 4 MX420
> or Geforce 4 MX 440)
> - if I force nvidia driver installation, the driver run well.
> - the file " 81.98_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf" , page 51, say that Geforce4
> Ti 4200 is supported by both 32 and 64 bits windows drivers

Tony Sperling

You might check:

http://www.ngohq.com

they succesfully pointed me to a driver that set my GO Card into full swing!
I think they have everything supported.

Tony. . .

"Gilles Vollant (MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I've installed Windows 64 bits on a computer with a "NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti
> 4200" graphics adapter.
>
> This is AGP 8x adapter, and Pnp ID is VEN_10DE&DEV_0281
>

> This is very strange, because this adapter is not supported natively b 64
> bits driver.
>
> I downloaded 81.98 forceware, both 32 and 64 bits
>
> 32 bits nv4_disp.inf contain line for this adapter
> 64 bits nv4_disp.inf don't contain line for this adapter
>
> this is strange, because :
> - 64 bits nv4_disp.inf support older and slower card (like Geforce 4
> MX420 or Geforce 4 MX 440)
> - if I force nvidia driver installation, the driver run well.
> - the file " 81.98_ForceWare_Release_Notes.pdf" , page 51, say that
> Geforce4 Ti 4200 is supported by both 32 and 64 bits windows drivers

Gilles Vollant \(MVP\)

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi Giles, I had the same trouble and after emailing nVidia I found that
> the
> driver 81.95 works in the 64 bit O/S

I compared 81.95, 81.98 and 82.12 INF file, and I don't found the Geforce 4
Ti 4200 (or VEN_10DE&DEV_0281 )

I compared several Windows 64 bits beta (several where public), and I found
that Ti4200 was in older, but not in latest. It was in the autumn 2004 beta.
I look at nv4_disp.in_ (which decompress on nv4_disp.inf)

What methode/URL do you find to contact nvidia ?

I suppose that driver run well on Geforce 4 Ti 4200, but Nvidia don"t take
time to test this adapter very well (because this card is old and less
produced than Geforce 4 MX 440, by example), so they don't officially
support it.

But NVidia say this card is supported in their PDF

=?Utf-8?B?RmVybmFuZG9CUg==?=

Clarify me on this: you're using the 32 bit driver package in the 64 bit XP
version?
Thank you.