Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Microsoft x64 Drivers for Mice and Keyboards now available!!!

Microsoft x64 Drivers for Mice and Keyboards now available!!!

Austin Ehlers

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx

A quick look-through shows that most of the mice and keyboards have
x64 drivers available for download.

Happy downloading,
Austin

John Barnes

But not mine ((

"Austin Ehlers" <liberal*number_eight*@ku.edu> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
>
> A quick look-through shows that most of the mice and keyboards have
> x64 drivers available for download.
>
> Happy downloading,
> Austin

Piers James

know how you feel. IntelliType Pro has not supported my Internet Keyboard
Pro for some time in 32bit, and needless to say support for it is not there
in the 64bit drivers either (

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> But not mine ((
>

> "Austin Ehlers" <liberal*number_eight*@ku.edu> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
>>
>> A quick look-through shows that most of the mice and keyboards have
>> x64 drivers available for download.
>>
>> Happy downloading,
>> Austin

John Barnes

Version 5.4 from the end of October supported it. This is the first version
I know of that hasn't supported it. Either 32 or 64. I wish that I could
find a Logitech equivalent. I may buy the Internet Keyboard, but will miss
the 2 USB ports (1 for my mouse) and the mute button. I don't use the other
media buttons. I really don't want to buy another piece of Microsoft
hardware with their lack of support.

"Piers James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> know how you feel. IntelliType Pro has not supported my Internet Keyboard
> Pro for some time in 32bit, and needless to say support for it is not
> there in the 64bit drivers either (

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> But not mine ((
>>

>> "Austin Ehlers" <liberal*number_eight*@ku.edu> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
>>>
>>> A quick look-through shows that most of the mice and keyboards have
>>> x64 drivers available for download.
>>>
>>> Happy downloading,
>>> Austin

DKI

Well sadily for me the only driver i am missing is the fingerprint driver
for my keyboard which MS need to get DigitalPersona to work on.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Version 5.4 from the end of October supported it. This is the first
> version I know of that hasn't supported it. Either 32 or 64. I wish that
> I could find a Logitech equivalent. I may buy the Internet Keyboard, but
> will miss the 2 USB ports (1 for my mouse) and the mute button. I don't
> use the other media buttons. I really don't want to buy another piece of
> Microsoft hardware with their lack of support.
>

> "Piers James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> know how you feel. IntelliType Pro has not supported my Internet Keyboard
>> Pro for some time in 32bit, and needless to say support for it is not
>> there in the 64bit drivers either (
>>

>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> But not mine ((
>>>

>>> "Austin Ehlers" <liberal*number_eight*@ku.edu> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

I take it the fingerprint keyboard that is listed is different than the one
you have.

"DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uyfX7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well sadily for me the only driver i am missing is the fingerprint driver
> for my keyboard which MS need to get DigitalPersona to work on.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Version 5.4 from the end of October supported it. This is the first
>> version I know of that hasn't supported it. Either 32 or 64. I wish that
>> I could find a Logitech equivalent. I may buy the Internet Keyboard, but
>> will miss the 2 USB ports (1 for my mouse) and the mute button. I don't
>> use the other media buttons. I really don't want to buy another piece of
>> Microsoft hardware with their lack of support.
>>

>> "Piers James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> know how you feel. IntelliType Pro has not supported my Internet
>>> Keyboard Pro for some time in 32bit, and needless to say support for it
>>> is not there in the 64bit drivers either (
>>>

>>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

DKI

Nope its the same one listed in the intellitype software but the actual
fingerprint reader on the keyboard is listed as a seperate device and
requires a seperate driver for it to work. As for the intellitype with the
keyboard (other than the fingerprint reader) it work great now and i got
some of the functions back that i use.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I take it the fingerprint keyboard that is listed is different than the one
>you have.
>
> "DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:uyfX7$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Well sadily for me the only driver i am missing is the fingerprint driver
>> for my keyboard which MS need to get DigitalPersona to work on.
>>>

>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Version 5.4 from the end of October supported it. This is the first
>>> version I know of that hasn't supported it. Either 32 or 64. I wish
>>> that I could find a Logitech equivalent. I may buy the Internet
>>> Keyboard, but will miss the 2 USB ports (1 for my mouse) and the mute
>>> button. I don't use the other media buttons. I really don't want to
>>> buy another piece of Microsoft hardware with their lack of support.
>>>

>>> "Piers James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Piers James

curious! when I launch the installer for version 5.4, it does not list the
"Internet Keyboard Pro", just the "Internet Keyboard". How did you get 5.4
to install??

Like you I am loathed to ditch the USB ports, handy for PPC and mobile phone
connections, and I use a great many of the additional buttons, just
reassigned to other tasks or programs!!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Version 5.4 from the end of October supported it. This is the first
> version I know of that hasn't supported it. Either 32 or 64. I wish that
> I could find a Logitech equivalent. I may buy the Internet Keyboard, but
> will miss the 2 USB ports (1 for my mouse) and the mute button. I don't
> use the other media buttons. I really don't want to buy another piece of
> Microsoft hardware with their lack of support.
>

> "Piers James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> know how you feel. IntelliType Pro has not supported my Internet Keyboard
>> Pro for some time in 32bit, and needless to say support for it is not
>> there in the 64bit drivers either (
>>

>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> But not mine ((
>>>

>>> "Austin Ehlers" <liberal*number_eight*@ku.edu> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

I certainly thought it had the choice for Internet Pro. It is installed in
October. When I click on the installer to install it comes up with a panel
that says the version is already installed and if I want to reinstall, I
need to uninstall first. Now you have me worried. Works great, so won't
risk that it won't reinstall. Guess it will remain a mystery. Doesn't help
for x64. I may try to install it on x64 when I get on that system and see
if I get as far as the selection panel and will let you know.

"Piers James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> curious! when I launch the installer for version 5.4, it does not list the
> "Internet Keyboard Pro", just the "Internet Keyboard". How did you get 5.4
> to install??
>
> Like you I am loathed to ditch the USB ports, handy for PPC and mobile
> phone connections, and I use a great many of the additional buttons, just
> reassigned to other tasks or programs!!

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Version 5.4 from the end of October supported it. This is the first
>> version I know of that hasn't supported it. Either 32 or 64. I wish that
>> I could find a Logitech equivalent. I may buy the Internet Keyboard, but
>> will miss the 2 USB ports (1 for my mouse) and the mute button. I don't
>> use the other media buttons. I really don't want to buy another piece of
>> Microsoft hardware with their lack of support.
>>

>> "Piers James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> know how you feel. IntelliType Pro has not supported my Internet
>>> Keyboard Pro for some time in 32bit, and needless to say support for it
>>> is not there in the 64bit drivers either (
>>>

>>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

Piers James

v. interesting. Maybe I'll try it and pick the standard internet keyboard
and see what happens. Let me know what happens on x64 if you get around to
trying it. Thanks.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I certainly thought it had the choice for Internet Pro. It is installed in
>October. When I click on the installer to install it comes up with a panel
>that says the version is already installed and if I want to reinstall, I
>need to uninstall first. Now you have me worried. Works great, so won't
>risk that it won't reinstall. Guess it will remain a mystery. Doesn't help
>for x64. I may try to install it on x64 when I get on that system and see
>if I get as far as the selection panel and will let you know.
>

> "Piers James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> curious! when I launch the installer for version 5.4, it does not list
>> the "Internet Keyboard Pro", just the "Internet Keyboard". How did you
>> get 5.4 to install??
>>
>> Like you I am loathed to ditch the USB ports, handy for PPC and mobile
>> phone connections, and I use a great many of the additional buttons, just
>> reassigned to other tasks or programs!!
>>

>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Version 5.4 from the end of October supported it. This is the first
>>> version I know of that hasn't supported it. Either 32 or 64. I wish
>>> that I could find a Logitech equivalent. I may buy the Internet
>>> Keyboard, but will miss the 2 USB ports (1 for my mouse) and the mute
>>> button. I don't use the other media buttons. I really don't want to
>>> buy another piece of Microsoft hardware with their lack of support.
>>>

>>> "Piers James" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

wireless mice and keyboards... larya Computer Support 5 08-25-2006 12:38 AM
Wireless/bluetooth keyboards and mice for a iMac thing2 NZ Computing 11 07-27-2005 02:42 PM
Dead Keyboards AND mice john Computer Information 2 02-09-2005 10:09 PM
usb keyboards/mice pixel NZ Computing 8 08-08-2004 10:06 AM
Re: Wireless Keyboards/Mice - Economical? daytripper NZ Computing 0 07-20-2003 02:10 AM

Advertisments