Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > aRE aLL 32 bIT sOFTWARES cOMPATIBLE aT XP64?

aRE aLL 32 bIT sOFTWARES cOMPATIBLE aT XP64?

=?Utf-8?B?RXJpYw==?=

just want to ask if i can still use all of my 32 bit softy if i use windows
xp 64bit? especially 32bit anitviruses, video editing softs and more. thanks

John Barnes

No on the A/V, Maybe on anything else.

"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> just want to ask if i can still use all of my 32 bit softy if i use
> windows
> xp 64bit? especially 32bit anitviruses, video editing softs and more.
> thanks

=?Utf-8?B?TUdiYXNzYWNl?=

Hi Eric, The short answer on this one is no! The majority of the 32 Antivirus
software is not compatible, (Please search the forums for numerous other
posts on this subject) as for the other software it will be a case of trying
it and seeing. Without a comprehensive list of the software that you intend
on using it would be hard to give a yes / no answer.

Martin

"Eric" wrote:

> just want to ask if i can still use all of my 32 bit softy if i use windows
> xp 64bit? especially 32bit anitviruses, video editing softs and more. thanks

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

Most will work but not all. You will need a 64 bit antivirus
program.

Ken
------------------
"Eric" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> just want to ask if i can still use all of my 32 bit softy if i use
> windows
> xp 64bit? especially 32bit anitviruses, video editing softs and more.
> thanks

Colin Barnhorst

Please see PlanetAMD64 for forums that discuss software and workarounds
where needed.

There are good choices for antivirus (read the other threads in this
newsgroup on antivirus programs that work and don't work). Video editing
depends on whether or not there are 64-bit device drivers needed. You need
to look up your software on the web and see what is x64 compatible.