Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > New Installations

New Installations

=?Utf-8?B?V2FzdHVh?=

I need to Install 6 new boxes with windows 2003 ent 64 bits, Can I used to
Install SQL Server, Active Directory, EXchange and the network services??

Do I need any special licences??

Thanks in advanced

Charlie Russel - MVP

Exchange will not install on x64, it is only supported on 32-bit Windows
Server. For the rest, you need the same licenses you'd always need. There is
an x64 version of SQL Server 2005, but everything else is part of the core OS
and installed with it.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Wastua wrote:
> I need to Install 6 new boxes with windows 2003 ent 64 bits, Can I used to
> Install SQL Server, Active Directory, EXchange and the network services??
>
> Do I need any special licences??
>
> Thanks in advanced

Andre Da Costa

Well, you can install they latest version of SQL, Server 2005 and SQL Server
2000 requires the latest Service Pack for compatibility, and Windows Server
2003 x64 already comes with Active Directory, Exchange is currently not
supported, the next version of Exchange "12", will be though and is said to
be exclusively 64 bit and yes, the necessary network services such as TCP/IP
already come with it.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Wastua" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I need to Install 6 new boxes with windows 2003 ent 64 bits, Can I used to
> Install SQL Server, Active Directory, EXchange and the network services??
>
> Do I need any special licences??
>
> Thanks in advanced

Debugging an asp.net application error specific to certain installations?? Antoine ASP .Net 0 12-14-2004 04:51 PM
win 2k installations brooksey MCSE 0 04-08-2004 02:59 AM
Multiple installations of IE: version number problem delerious@no.spam.com HTML 3 12-24-2003 11:40 AM
XP Home multiple installations John and Pat Computer Support 5 11-26-2003 08:17 PM
Newbie question - multiple Perl installations Mike O'Donnell Perl 0 11-19-2003 10:13 PM

Advertisments