Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Exploring Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Exploring Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

Is there lack of support now from hardware manufacturers, I mean there is a
lack of drivers for different components at this moment?

Thank you

John Barnes

Yes, there is a lack, including Microsoft. Some manufacturers are trying,
some, simply stated, don't care because of such a small installed base.
Check the manufacturers site for all your hardware before you decide on x64
and make sure it has 64-bit drivers before you buy any new hardware.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there lack of support now from hardware manufacturers, I mean there is
> lack of drivers for different components at this moment?
>
> Thank you

Andre Da Costa

No, just slow to market, since most drivers developed are determined by
demand and adoption of the operating system.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
news:(E-Mail Removed)...