Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > what 64 bit video cards are supported.

what 64 bit video cards are supported.

=?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

Colin Barnhorst

It's not the cards, it's the drivers. Pick out the card you want to use and
then consult the manufacturer's website to ensure 64-bit drivers are
available. I use an nVidia 6800 GT with great results.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=

i have tried ati's support site and according to them the catalyst drivers
for xp pro 64-bit should work.

they still won't install. any other ideas??

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> It's not the cards, it's the drivers. Pick out the card you want to use and
> then consult the manufacturer's website to ensure 64-bit drivers are
> available. I use an nVidia 6800 GT with great results.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

Have you tried installing in a clean boot environment?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have tried ati's support site and according to them the catalyst drivers
> for xp pro 64-bit should work.
>
> they still won't install. any other ideas??
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> It's not the cards, it's the drivers. Pick out the card you want to use
>> and
>> then consult the manufacturer's website to ensure 64-bit drivers are
>> available. I use an nVidia 6800 GT with great results.
>>
>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Dan Koerner

..NET must be installed per ATI...
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...questionID=640

--
-Dan-

"Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have tried ati's support site and according to them the catalyst drivers
> for xp pro 64-bit should work.
>
> they still won't install. any other ideas??
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> It's not the cards, it's the drivers. Pick out the card you want to use and
>> then consult the manufacturer's website to ensure 64-bit drivers are
>> available. I use an nVidia 6800 GT with great results.
>>
>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Dan Koerner

Crazy web site...
This one is for x64 drivers:
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...p?folderID=368

--
-Dan-

"Dan Koerner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
..NET must be installed per ATI...
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...questionID=640

--
-Dan-

"Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have tried ati's support site and according to them the catalyst drivers
> for xp pro 64-bit should work.
>
> they still won't install. any other ideas??
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> It's not the cards, it's the drivers. Pick out the card you want to use and
>> then consult the manufacturer's website to ensure 64-bit drivers are
>> available. I use an nVidia 6800 GT with great results.
>>
>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

William

However, Catalyst doesn't work with .Net2.0 only the earlier version,
but ATI will correct this soon, hopefully!!

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 23:35:19 -0500, "Dan Koerner" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Crazy web site...
>This one is for x64 drivers:
>https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...p?folderID=368
>
>--
>-Dan-
>

>"Dan Koerner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>.NET must be installed per ATI...
>https://support.ati.com/ics/support/...questionID=640

Bill