Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > windows media center and x64

windows media center and x64

=?Utf-8?B?cm9oaWNrcw==?=

does windows media center work with x64 windows or not? I've ben searching
around to see if i could buy it and it would work, but i can't find any
information anywhere hopefully someone knows on here?

Microsoft MVP 余峻明 \(Paul Yu\) For Windows Server

MCE 2005 is 32 bit OS, non x64.
"rohicks" <(E-Mail Removed)> 撰寫於郵件新聞:(E-Mail Removed)...
> does windows media center work with x64 windows or not? I've ben
> searching
> around to see if i could buy it and it would work, but i can't find any
> information anywhere hopefully someone knows on here?

John Barnes

Windows Media Center is not available in x64. Will probably have a Media
Center version in Vista. At least it is mentioned in the various lists of
expected Vista versions.

"rohicks" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> does windows media center work with x64 windows or not? I've ben
> searching
> around to see if i could buy it and it would work, but i can't find any
> information anywhere hopefully someone knows on here?

Bruce Chambers

rohicks wrote:
> does windows media center work with x64 windows or not?

No, there is no 64-bit version of WinXP MCE. Nor has Microsoft even
hinted at the possibility of there ever being one.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Andre Da Costa

Media Center is in the 64 bit version of Vista, so thats a hint that there
will be one.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message
news:O2%(E-Mail Removed)...
> rohicks wrote:
>> does windows media center work with x64 windows or not?

> No, there is no 64-bit version of WinXP MCE. Nor has Microsoft even
> hinted at the possibility of there ever being one.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

Bruce Chambers

Andre Da Costa wrote:
> Media Center is in the 64 bit version of Vista, so thats a hint that there
> will be one.

I suppose so. I was thinking of WinXP editions. It's far too early to
do anything more than speculate about Windows Vista editions.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Andre Da Costa

For the Windows XP x64 edition, don't expect a Media Center Edition,
especially with all development focused on Windows Vista and remember,
Windows XP Professional x64 is a workstation operating system, if MCE
capabilities were added to it, it cost significantly more for OEMs and
consumers, since XP Professional x64 is equivalent to XP Professional x86 in
terms of cost and licensing.

As for speculation on Vista, this period in development certain things can
be confirmed, there will be a 64 bit version of Vista with MCE capabilities.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
"Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre Da Costa wrote:
>> Media Center is in the 64 bit version of Vista, so thats a hint that
>> there will be one.

> I suppose so. I was thinking of WinXP editions. It's far too early to do
> anything more than speculate about Windows Vista editions.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

Colin Barnhorst

Some beta testers are in fact using MCE Vista beta 1.

"Bruce Chambers" <(E-Mail Removed)3t> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre Da Costa wrote:
>> Media Center is in the 64 bit version of Vista, so thats a hint that
>> there will be one.

> I suppose so. I was thinking of WinXP editions. It's far too early to do
> anything more than speculate about Windows Vista editions.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

Colin Barnhorst

Media Center is a Windows XP edition, just like Home and Pro. It doesn't
work with Windows, it IS Windows. There is no x64 edition of XP MCE and
will not be. The first x64 MCE will be Vista but it will not be called MCE.