Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista installation failure

Vista installation failure

jacob navia

Several weeks ago I tried to install the VISTA OS from the msdn CDs.

I inserted the under windows XP, and the CD auto started.

The first steps seemed to go OK, but then... I was confronted to a
dialog box (after having rebooted) that asked me my user name
and password.

NO ONE of my users/password combinations would work. I tried both
using the english keybord or a french one to NO AVAIL...

Does anyone know here what should I enter at that stage???

It is very strange that VISTA will ask for username and
password BEFORE you setup any users...

jacob

Colin Barnhorst

I believe that is just setting up the Administrator. A password is not
required but you may set one.

"jacob navia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Several weeks ago I tried to install the VISTA OS from the msdn CDs.
>
> I inserted the under windows XP, and the CD auto started.
>
> The first steps seemed to go OK, but then... I was confronted to a
> dialog box (after having rebooted) that asked me my user name
> and password.
>
> NO ONE of my users/password combinations would work. I tried both
> using the english keybord or a french one to NO AVAIL...
>
> Does anyone know here what should I enter at that stage???
>
> It is very strange that VISTA will ask for username and
> password BEFORE you setup any users...
>
> jacob

Andre Da Costa

As Colin said, no password is required for the default Administrator account
Windows Vista. You should not also run as the Administrator, the purpose of
the account is to really setup other accounts which will utilize User Access
Protection.
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta