Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista x64

Vista x64

Torrey Lauer

Does anyone have access to Vista x64 on this board? I would like to ask if
it's possible to see if Vista x64 has print drivers for hp lasjerjet 1000.
If it does, is there a way to get the driver to work in the current x64
release?

Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services / Rainbow Sky Travel
moderntravel d.01t net / RainbowSkyTravel d.01t com

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

No idea about the HP but I can't get the i560 driver for the Canon inkjet
which will work happily in Vista 64 to work in x64.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Torrey Lauer" <torrey at moderntravel d01t net> wrote in message
news:%236N%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone have access to Vista x64 on this board? I would like to ask
> if it's possible to see if Vista x64 has print drivers for hp lasjerjet
> 1000. If it does, is there a way to get the driver to work in the current
> x64 release?
>
> Torrey Lauer
> Modern Travel Services / Rainbow Sky Travel
> moderntravel d.01t net / RainbowSkyTravel d.01t com

Torrey Lauer

Would you mind looking in Vista x64 to see if there is a driver for hp
laserjet 1000 and/or laserjet 1100? I would love to be able to get my
printer working. Unfortunately, I don't have access to Vista x64.

If you can, you could e-mail me the file, if you don't mind to torrey a.1t
moderntravel d.10t net.

Thanks!

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No idea about the HP but I can't get the i560 driver for the Canon inkjet
> which will work happily in Vista 64 to work in x64.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>

> "Torrey Lauer" <torrey at moderntravel d01t net> wrote in message
> news:%236N%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Does anyone have access to Vista x64 on this board? I would like to ask
>> if it's possible to see if Vista x64 has print drivers for hp lasjerjet
>> 1000. If it does, is there a way to get the driver to work in the current
>> x64 release?
>>
>> Torrey Lauer
>> Modern Travel Services / Rainbow Sky Travel
>> moderntravel d.01t net / RainbowSkyTravel d.01t com

Steve Foster [SBS MVP]

Torrey Lauer wrote:

>Would you mind looking in Vista x64 to see if there is a driver for hp
>laserjet 1000 and/or laserjet 1100? I would love to be able to get my
>printer working. Unfortunately, I don't have access to Vista x64.
>
>If you can, you could e-mail me the file, if you don't mind to torrey a.1t
>moderntravel d.10t net.

Um, my copy of XP x64 has a printer driver for the LaserJet 1100, but not
for the 1000. But LJ drivers are almost all a superset of the really old
LJ drivers (eg LaserJet, LaserJet III), both of which are listed in x64
(here at least).

Unfortunately for me, I have an Epson Stylus Photo 950, which is not
currently support by Epson, nor could they suggest an alternative,
downgrade driver. So I have to keep some 32-bit machines (or possibly VMs
- haven't tried that yet) around for the time being so I can print.

--
Steve Foster [SBS MVP]