Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP 64x Install: Monitor says "Out of Range" at end of install.

XP 64x Install: Monitor says "Out of Range" at end of install.

=?Utf-8?B?Qg==?=

I have a BenQ FP71G+. On the first boot following otherwise successful
install of XP 64x the monitor doesn't display. Don't have access to older
monitor (Glass). Any solutions?
--
Gainingonit

Charlie Russel - MVP

Sounds like your video driver will need updating. To get to where you can do
that, press F8 as the system is booting into XP x64, and select safe mode.
Update your driver from within safe mode.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

B wrote:
> I have a BenQ FP71G+. On the first boot following otherwise successful
> install of XP 64x the monitor doesn't display. Don't have access to older
> monitor (Glass). Any solutions?

John Barnes

You can also try to start in vga mode. This uses the current driver but
gives you a chance to adjust settings if that is the problem. Check
resolution and refresh rates in particular.

"B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a BenQ FP71G+. On the first boot following otherwise successful
> install of XP 64x the monitor doesn't display. Don't have access to older
> monitor (Glass). Any solutions?
> --
> Gainingonit

=?Utf-8?B?Qg==?=

Thank you. B
--
Gainingonit

"John Barnes" wrote:

> You can also try to start in vga mode. This uses the current driver but
> gives you a chance to adjust settings if that is the problem. Check
> resolution and refresh rates in particular.
>

> "B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have a BenQ FP71G+. On the first boot following otherwise successful
> > install of XP 64x the monitor doesn't display. Don't have access to older
> > monitor (Glass). Any solutions?
> > --
> > Gainingonit

Bruce Chambers

B wrote:
> I have a BenQ FP71G+. On the first boot following otherwise successful
> install of XP 64x the monitor doesn't display. Don't have access to older
> monitor (Glass). Any solutions?

That's your monitor telling you that it's not receiving a usable
signal from the computer.

Boot into VGA Mode or Safe Mode and then set the display
(resolution, refresh rate, and/or number of colors) to something that
your monitor can handle. Consult its manual to determine acceptable
settings. Reboot one more time, into normal mode. Updating the
computer's video drivers might also help.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm