Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > MDAC and XP x64

MDAC and XP x64

=?Utf-8?B?SmFyb2QgQ3VtbWluZ3M=?=

I was looking at the latest MDAC downloads and none that I can find
specifically state they are for XP x64. I'm curious if it's supported at this
time.

I have a proprietary system that uses MSSQL 2000 that I'm having problems
connecting to. In case it matters, I'm using an AMD x2 3800+ 64 bit proc.

Thanks in advance.

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

Sorry there currently is no 64bit version of mdac. In VS 2005
if you have the target cpu set to any cpu you will get an error when trying
to access the database with the oledb or odbc classes. Changing the target
cpu to x86 will make the program use the 32 bit drivers and allow the
program to access the database.

Ken
-------------
"Jarod Cummings" <Jarod http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was looking at the latest MDAC downloads and none that I can find
> specifically state they are for XP x64. I'm curious if it's supported at
> this
> time.
>
> I have a proprietary system that uses MSSQL 2000 that I'm having problems
> connecting to. In case it matters, I'm using an AMD x2 3800+ 64 bit proc.
>
> Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?SmFyb2QgQ3VtbWluZ3M=?=

So if I'm reading this right, the program I'm using would have to be
re-compiled with the target cpu set to x86 to force 32 bit odbc drivers?

"Ken Tucker [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry there currently is no 64bit version of mdac. In VS 2005
> if you have the target cpu set to any cpu you will get an error when trying
> to access the database with the oledb or odbc classes. Changing the target
> cpu to x86 will make the program use the 32 bit drivers and allow the
> program to access the database.
>
> Ken
> -------------
> "Jarod Cummings" <Jarod (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I was looking at the latest MDAC downloads and none that I can find
> > specifically state they are for XP x64. I'm curious if it's supported at
> > this
> > time.
> >
> > I have a proprietary system that uses MSSQL 2000 that I'm having problems
> > connecting to. In case it matters, I'm using an AMD x2 3800+ 64 bit proc.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

=?Utf-8?B?S2VuIFR1Y2tlciBbTVZQXQ==?=

Hi,

Yes. Please vote for my suggestion in the msdn product feedback
center for a 64bit version of odbc

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/produc...0-d25b58ce8ae8

Ken
http://www.vb-tips.com