Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > AMDPCI.sys blocked from loading...?

AMDPCI.sys blocked from loading...?

kirbalo

I have an Asus K8N-E Deluxe Motherboard, with an Athlon 64 3400 running XP
x64 and x86 dual boot.

I was checking my Event Log and I see this...

\??\D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AMDPCI.sys has been blocked from
software vendor for a compatible version of the driver

Kirbalo

Rick

Where did you get the AMDPCI.sys from?

Why is it on your system?

The file is originally from AMD and the purpose was to fix a flaw that
only affected Windows 2000.

So how did you get it on your system?

It won't load because it is a 32-bit driver and Win x64 cannot load
32-bit driver, only 64-bit.

kirbalo wrote:
> I have an Asus K8N-E Deluxe Motherboard, with an Athlon 64 3400 running XP
> x64 and x86 dual boot.
>
> I was checking my Event Log and I see this...
>
> \??\D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AMDPCI.sys has been blocked from
> software vendor for a compatible version of the driver
>
> Kirbalo

kirbalo

I don't know where I got it...actually. Probably from AMD's site..

news:%23qCO4Z%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where did you get the AMDPCI.sys from?
>
> Why is it on your system?
>
> The file is originally from AMD and the purpose was to fix a flaw that
> only affected Windows 2000.
>
> So how did you get it on your system?
>
> It won't load because it is a 32-bit driver and Win x64 cannot load 32-bit
> driver, only 64-bit.
>

> kirbalo wrote:
>> I have an Asus K8N-E Deluxe Motherboard, with an Athlon 64 3400 running
>> XP x64 and x86 dual boot.
>>
>> I was checking my Event Log and I see this...
>>
>> \??\D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AMDPCI.sys has been blocked from
>> software vendor for a compatible version of the driver
>>
>> Kirbalo

kirbalo

I just did a search...and the file is NOT on my system???

Does anyone have any idea what might be calling for that file to load?

kirbalo

news:%23qCO4Z%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where did you get the AMDPCI.sys from?
>
> Why is it on your system?
>
> The file is originally from AMD and the purpose was to fix a flaw that
> only affected Windows 2000.
>
> So how did you get it on your system?
>
> It won't load because it is a 32-bit driver and Win x64 cannot load 32-bit
> driver, only 64-bit.
>

> kirbalo wrote:
>> I have an Asus K8N-E Deluxe Motherboard, with an Athlon 64 3400 running
>> XP x64 and x86 dual boot.
>>
>> I was checking my Event Log and I see this...
>>
>> \??\D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AMDPCI.sys has been blocked from
>> software vendor for a compatible version of the driver
>>
>> Kirbalo

John Barnes

Make sure you include hidden and system files in the search.

"kirbalo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:OTrXw7%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just did a search...and the file is NOT on my system???
>
> Does anyone have any idea what might be calling for that file to load?
>
> kirbalo

> news:%23qCO4Z%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Where did you get the AMDPCI.sys from?
>>
>> Why is it on your system?
>>
>> The file is originally from AMD and the purpose was to fix a flaw that
>> only affected Windows 2000.
>>
>> So how did you get it on your system?
>>
>> It won't load because it is a 32-bit driver and Win x64 cannot load
>> 32-bit driver, only 64-bit.
>>

>> kirbalo wrote:
>>> I have an Asus K8N-E Deluxe Motherboard, with an Athlon 64 3400 running
>>> XP x64 and x86 dual boot.
>>>
>>> I was checking my Event Log and I see this...
>>>
>>> \??\D:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AMDPCI.sys has been blocked from
>>> software vendor for a compatible version of the driver
>>>
>>> Kirbalo

kirbalo

I can't believe I forgot to check that box...thanks.

I should have just checked the path of my original post, there it is. Such
a dork.

news:ubiqAS$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Make sure you include hidden and system files in the search.
>

> "kirbalo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OTrXw7%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I just did a search...and the file is NOT on my system???
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what might be calling for that file to load?
>>
>> kirbalo
>>
>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23qCO4Z%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Where did you get the AMDPCI.sys from?
>>>
>>> Why is it on your system?
>>>
>>> The file is originally from AMD and the purpose was to fix a flaw that
>>> only affected Windows 2000.
>>>
>>> So how did you get it on your system?
>>>
>>> It won't load because it is a 32-bit driver and Win x64 cannot load
>>> 32-bit driver, only 64-bit.

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

I was just about to say that, John.
My system (based on NForce4 chipset) has AMDK8.sys
(\windows\system32\drivers) and AMDACPI.sys (same folder), but no AMDPCI.sys.
Did a search also on an ASUS K8N mobo and couldtn't find AMDPCI.sys.
Google searches find references to that file but in very outdated forums.
Carlos

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Make sure you include hidden and system files in the search.
>

> "kirbalo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OTrXw7%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I just did a search...and the file is NOT on my system???
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea what might be calling for that file to load?
> >
> > kirbalo
> >
> > "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:%23qCO4Z%(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Where did you get the AMDPCI.sys from?
> >>
> >> Why is it on your system?
> >>
> >> The file is originally from AMD and the purpose was to fix a flaw that
> >> only affected Windows 2000.
> >>
> >> So how did you get it on your system?
> >>
> >> It won't load because it is a 32-bit driver and Win x64 cannot load
> >> 32-bit driver, only 64-bit.

John Barnes

Guess I just browsed by sooner than you or Andre. Andre seems to be
spending less time here this week. Maybe he is tied up playing with the new
Vista release.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was just about to say that, John.
> My system (based on NForce4 chipset) has AMDK8.sys
> (\windows\system32\drivers) and AMDACPI.sys (same folder), but no
> AMDPCI.sys.
> Did a search also on an ASUS K8N mobo and couldtn't find AMDPCI.sys.
> Google searches find references to that file but in very outdated forums.
> Carlos
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Make sure you include hidden and system files in the search.
>>

>> "kirbalo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OTrXw7%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I just did a search...and the file is NOT on my system???
>> >
>> > Does anyone have any idea what might be calling for that file to load?
>> >
>> > kirbalo
>> >
>> > "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:%23qCO4Z%(E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

It's tying me up just getting a good install on my x64 box. First time
success on an x86 box, but not the x64. It's been grim for me.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Guess I just browsed by sooner than you or Andre. Andre seems to be
> spending less time here this week. Maybe he is tied up playing with the
> new Vista release.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I was just about to say that, John.
>> My system (based on NForce4 chipset) has AMDK8.sys
>> (\windows\system32\drivers) and AMDACPI.sys (same folder), but no
>> AMDPCI.sys.
>> Did a search also on an ASUS K8N mobo and couldtn't find AMDPCI.sys.
>> Google searches find references to that file but in very outdated forums.
>> Carlos
>>
>> "John Barnes" wrote:
>>
>>> Make sure you include hidden and system files in the search.
>>>

>>> "kirbalo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:OTrXw7%(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

Hope you can get your 64-bit box straightened out soon. I imagine that when
the Vista beta versions get the public testers you will be spending most of
your time in that site. At this point this system doesn't seem to be
drawing too many new users. It was certainly more active during beta and
early adopters.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...