Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > A strang boot error?

A strang boot error?

=?Utf-8?B?WmVicmE=?=

I have xp 64 on my computer, but every time I boot up my computer I require
my xp disc or my motherboard disc.
This is not due to the boot sequence because when I set it to boot from my
hard drive it states a boot error "ntloader missing." How do I get it to
boot from my hard drive properly?

John Barnes

Check to see which drive you have the boot.ini, ntldr and ntdetect.com files
on and make sure it is the first drive in the boot sequence and that the
partition is the active partition on that drive.

"Zebra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have xp 64 on my computer, but every time I boot up my computer I require
> my xp disc or my motherboard disc.
> This is not due to the boot sequence because when I set it to boot from my
> hard drive it states a boot error "ntloader missing." How do I get it to
> boot from my hard drive properly?

=?Utf-8?B?WmVicmE=?=

I found the ntldr and the ntdetect on the first drive and main partition,but
i cant find the boot.ini file anywhere.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Check to see which drive you have the boot.ini, ntldr and ntdetect.com files
> on and make sure it is the first drive in the boot sequence and that the
> partition is the active partition on that drive.
>

> "Zebra" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have xp 64 on my computer, but every time I boot up my computer I require
> > my xp disc or my motherboard disc.
> > This is not due to the boot sequence because when I set it to boot from my
> > hard drive it states a boot error "ntloader missing." How do I get it to
> > boot from my hard drive properly?

John Barnes

using your x64 install CD go into Recovery console (option R) then at a
command prompt use the command bootcfg /rebuild
This will create a new boot.ini on your system drive.