Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 64-bits server 8.3 filename

64-bits server 8.3 filename

Alan Tang

Hello:

I have try to ZIP a file and convert to EXE. After copy to the server.
(Through Network) When I try to extract the file, it can't extract with
long filename. I have try to NET USE a network drive from Windows XP Pro
and connect to the x64 server. When I copy the files, it can't display
the long filename format.

Do any hints that I can solve this issue?

Thansk a lot!

Juergen Kluth

Hi,
does your zip / and your filesystems both support long filenames ?
jk

Alan Tang

Juergen Kluth wrote:

>Hi,
>does your zip / and your filesystems both support long filenames ?
>jk

Yes, The ZIP file is working fine under 32-bits OS. I have try to copy
the original files from the WinXP to Win2K3 64-bits but the server also
truncate the long filename.

Thanks!