Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > AGP Bus

AGP Bus

biggdave

Hi, I have an ATI x700 pro running on a dual boot with xphome on C and x64
on D (separate physical drives). AMD 64 x2 3800+, MSI Neo 2 Platinum,
(nvidia 3 chipset). 1 gb ocz ram. No overclocking.

My question, after talking to ATI for quite a while and then being told that
they don't support x64, is all the test programs I run such as Everest home,
SiSoft Sandra and the like all show I have no AGP bus turned on. Even Dxdiag
shows my video card as a pci device. Everything seems to run fine (NHL 06,
Nreo 7 Ultra) but it has got me stumped.

I have the latest video drivers, even went back to the last version to see
if it helped. All drivers, bios, etc. are up to date.

Thanks

Dave

biggdave

forgot to mention, this only happens in x64, not xp home.

Thanks

Ken Tucker [MVP]

Hi,

Did you try this driver?
http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=654

Ken
------------------
"biggdave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have an ATI x700 pro running on a dual boot with xphome on C and x64
> on D (separate physical drives). AMD 64 x2 3800+, MSI Neo 2 Platinum,
> (nvidia 3 chipset). 1 gb ocz ram. No overclocking.
>
> My question, after talking to ATI for quite a while and then being told
> that they don't support x64, is all the test programs I run such as
> Everest home, SiSoft Sandra and the like all show I have no AGP bus turned
> on. Even Dxdiag shows my video card as a pci device. Everything seems to
> run fine (NHL 06, Nreo 7 Ultra) but it has got me stumped.
>
> I have the latest video drivers, even went back to the last version to see
> if it helped. All drivers, bios, etc. are up to date.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

NoNoBadDog!

"biggdave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have an ATI x700 pro running on a dual boot with xphome on C and x64
> on D (separate physical drives). AMD 64 x2 3800+, MSI Neo 2 Platinum,
> (nvidia 3 chipset). 1 gb ocz ram. No overclocking.
>
> My question, after talking to ATI for quite a while and then being told
> that they don't support x64, is all the test programs I run such as
> Everest home, SiSoft Sandra and the like all show I have no AGP bus turned
> on. Even Dxdiag shows my video card as a pci device. Everything seems to
> run fine (NHL 06, Nreo 7 Ultra) but it has got me stumped.
>
> I have the latest video drivers, even went back to the last version to see
> if it helped. All drivers, bios, etc. are up to date.
>
> Thanks
>
> Dave

AGP drivers are part of the Chipset drivers for your motherboard, not the
video card drivers. Have you installed the *64 bit* chipset drivers for
your motherboard?

Bobby

biggdave

Yes I have the 64 bit drivers installed, also i'm a little cautious about
using modded drivers.

Tony Sperling

I have had great success using drivers from 'ngohq.com' - gave me something
to look at where nVidia lacked support. They do ATI as well.

Tony. . .

news:eBqy%(E-Mail Removed)...