Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Direcway Satellite comment. The only Broadband I can get!

Direcway Satellite comment. The only Broadband I can get!

=?Utf-8?B?U2lsdmVydG9l?=

I was using the Direcway Satellite two way DW4000 model. It would not work
with Windows x64. I hunted for drivers and even called Direcway. They have no
drivers for the DW4000 and have no plans to make them. The DW4000 model run
from a USB connection. They have the new DW7000 which runs via network
connection. I ordered the DW7000 not knowing (Direcway either) if it would
work or not.... I knew if it connected via network card, I could get it to
work. I installed by way of manufactures direction and it worked! The DW7000
has sofware installed internally. Finally something worked!!!!

Charlie Russel - MVP

Good to hear. Yes, if it connects via network cable, your chances are much
higher. Generally, these devices are self-contained and operating system
agnostic.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/xperts64

Silvertoe wrote:
> I was using the Direcway Satellite two way DW4000 model. It would not work
> with Windows x64. I hunted for drivers and even called Direcway. They
> have no drivers for the DW4000 and have no plans to make them. The DW4000
> model run from a USB connection. They have the new DW7000 which runs via
> network connection. I ordered the DW7000 not knowing (Direcway either) if
> it would work or not.... I knew if it connected via network card, I could
> get it to work. I installed by way of manufactures direction and it
> worked! The DW7000 has sofware installed internally. Finally something
> worked!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?U2lsdmVydG9l?=

Charlie recommended "Doucdesk". It saved me yesterday! Andre posted the link.
SO.... Thank both of you for reading and responding. Thanks a million.

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> Good to hear. Yes, if it connects via network cable, your chances are much
> higher. Generally, these devices are self-contained and operating system
> agnostic.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
> Silvertoe wrote:
> > I was using the Direcway Satellite two way DW4000 model. It would not work
> > with Windows x64. I hunted for drivers and even called Direcway. They
> > have no drivers for the DW4000 and have no plans to make them. The DW4000
> > model run from a USB connection. They have the new DW7000 which runs via
> > network connection. I ordered the DW7000 not knowing (Direcway either) if
> > it would work or not.... I knew if it connected via network card, I could
> > get it to work. I installed by way of manufactures direction and it
> > worked! The DW7000 has sofware installed internally. Finally something
> > worked!!!!

Andre Da Costa

You are welcome
Andre