Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Any good 64 bit all-in-one printers out there?

Any good 64 bit all-in-one printers out there?

John Barnes

With a built in modem, this would seem to be the best solution. For me,
alas, the 92mb download would take a week on my modem. ;-((

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Looks like a great solution. 64-bit software wasn't available when I
> bought mine. Still going to need a telephone connection either thru VOIP
> or direct modem.

> news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Check the Brother MFC-420CN:
>>
>> MFC-420CN
>> 6-in-1 Color Inkjet Multi-Function Center® (Fax/Print/Copy/Scan/PC
>> Fax/PhotoCapture Center®)
>>
>> And according to the info at:
>>
>> http://global.solutions.brother.com/...n_us_4_27.html
>>
>> the software has everything for Win x64.
>>
>> Lenard Lund wrote:
>>> I was hoping to get away without installing a fax modem, no problem,
>>> which fax modems work with 64 bit windows the driver would have to be 64
>>> bit right??

Tony Sperling

If we'd all team up, we could each post a 20k text-encoded attachment for
you here, John.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> With a built in modem, this would seem to be the best solution. For me,
> alas, the 92mb download would take a week on my modem. ;-((

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Looks like a great solution. 64-bit software wasn't available when I
>> bought mine. Still going to need a telephone connection either thru VOIP
>> or direct modem.
>>

>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Check the Brother MFC-420CN:
>>>
>>> MFC-420CN
>>> 6-in-1 Color Inkjet Multi-Function Center® (Fax/Print/Copy/Scan/PC
>>> Fax/PhotoCapture Center®)
>>>
>>> And according to the info at:
>>>
>>> http://global.solutions.brother.com/...n_us_4_27.html
>>>
>>> the software has everything for Win x64.

Rick

Just like we used to do with Radio Shack TRS-80s!!

Tony Sperling wrote:
> If we'd all team up, we could each post a 20k text-encoded attachment for
> you here, John.
>

> Tony. . .

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> With a built in modem, this would seem to be the best solution. For me,
>> alas, the 92mb download would take a week on my modem. ;-((
>>

>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Looks like a great solution. 64-bit software wasn't available when I
>>> bought mine. Still going to need a telephone connection either thru VOIP
>>> or direct modem.
>>>

>>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...

Tony Sperling

These are anecdotes to me, my father (92 today), was the first that I
personally knew to have a stab at the computer-age. He started with a
Sinclair z80, cassette for storage - he was struggling, I guess, and wasn't
very communicative about his advances, but the inhibitive computer resource
restrictions in the pre-www days had people dream up lot's of useful stuff,
like posting binaries that way, that's true.

'Self-modifying-code', as one prime example! Who could have any use for such
a thing today?

Tony. . .

news:egU$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Just like we used to do with Radio Shack TRS-80s!!
>

> Tony Sperling wrote:
>> If we'd all team up, we could each post a 20k text-encoded attachment for
>> you here, John.
>>

>> Tony. . .
>>

>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> With a built in modem, this would seem to be the best solution. For me,
>>> alas, the 92mb download would take a week on my modem. ;-((
>>>

>>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Jud Hendrix

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 23:07:51 +0100, "Tony Sperling"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>'Self-modifying-code', as one prime example! Who could have any use for such
>a thing today?

Virus-makers?

jud

Tony Sperling

Yes, you are right, I wonder, though, if that isn't of a different league
altogether, from what it used to be? The original concept involved having
the program start from the same starting-point every time. Virus's go off
when they attack, they evolv, and they are not going back. (I think).

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...