Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > freecomtv

freecomtv

=?Utf-8?B?bXVycmF5b250aGVoaWxs?=

i installed a freecomtv tuner,but as i was going through installing it,i got
a warning ( not to install it?) the message was not to install the tvsoftware
because it will damage my pc,is this true?

so i uninstalled it! i paid alot of money for it, thinking that it would be
ok to use?it was on one of those shopping channels on tv.
--
nz£$ifonly@possumshed.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I don't think it would actually damage the PC, but make the operating system
inoperable. My recommendation would be to get in touch with Freecom to find
out if there are any development x64 driver development for your TV Tuner
going and when can it be expected. If the answers no, see if you can return
it, get a refund and acquire are more compatible card, see my response to
the post below.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"murrayonthehill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i installed a freecomtv tuner,but as i was going through installing it,i
>got
> a warning ( not to install it?) the message was not to install the
> tvsoftware
> because it will damage my pc,is this true?
>
> so i uninstalled it! i paid alot of money for it, thinking that it would
> be
> ok to use?it was on one of those shopping channels on tv.
> --
> nz£$ifonly@possumshed.

Colin Barnhorst

Andre, it is risky to disregard such a message. It may be true. It is
possible to damage a monitor through software settings.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't think it would actually damage the PC, but make the operating
>system inoperable. My recommendation would be to get in touch with Freecom
>to find out if there are any development x64 driver development for your TV
>Tuner going and when can it be expected. If the answers no, see if you can
>return it, get a refund and acquire are more compatible card, see my
>response to the post below.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "murrayonthehill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>i installed a freecomtv tuner,but as i was going through installing it,i
>>got
>> a warning ( not to install it?) the message was not to install the
>> tvsoftware
>> because it will damage my pc,is this true?
>>
>> so i uninstalled it! i paid alot of money for it, thinking that it would
>> be
>> ok to use?it was on one of those shopping channels on tv.
>> --
>> nz£$ifonly@possumshed.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

hmm, never knew that, if so then, the software has some sense, remove it.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Andre, it is risky to disregard such a message. It may be true. It is
> possible to damage a monitor through software settings.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I don't think it would actually damage the PC, but make the operating
>>system inoperable. My recommendation would be to get in touch with Freecom
>>to find out if there are any development x64 driver development for your
>>TV Tuner going and when can it be expected. If the answers no, see if you
>>can return it, get a refund and acquire are more compatible card, see my
>>response to the post below.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "murrayonthehill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>i installed a freecomtv tuner,but as i was going through installing it,i
>>>got
>>> a warning ( not to install it?) the message was not to install the
>>> tvsoftware
>>> because it will damage my pc,is this true?
>>>
>>> so i uninstalled it! i paid alot of money for it, thinking that it would
>>> be
>>> ok to use?it was on one of those shopping channels on tv.
>>> --
>>> nz£$ifonly@possumshed.

=?Utf-8?B?bXVycmF5b250aGVoaWxs?=

Thanks guys!

I think its wise not to install the software.

Best be safe than sorry!
--
nz£$ifonly@possumshed.