Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > still not activating

still not activating

I still can not activate x64.
As I said before I had to replace my hard drive and I lost all.
I reinstalled x64 and now cant activate and they tell me the key is ok so
they will not give me another key. But they cant give me any ID number
either. They told me to get another OEM copy
Help please

Colin Barnhorst

Who is the "they"?

"t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I still can not activate x64.
> As I said before I had to replace my hard drive and I lost all.
> I reinstalled x64 and now cant activate and they tell me the key is ok so
> they will not give me another key. But they cant give me any ID number
> either. They told me to get another OEM copy
> Help please

They are Microsoft

news:OXt$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Who is the "they"?

> "t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I still can not activate x64.
>> As I said before I had to replace my hard drive and I lost all.
>> I reinstalled x64 and now cant activate and they tell me the key is ok so
>> they will not give me another key. But they cant give me any ID number
>> either. They told me to get another OEM copy
>> Help please

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You are in such a cumbersome situation. I would recommend, you put that copy
of Windows XP Professional x64 aside for 130 days, then try reinstalling and
activate again. The activation clock should reset after 120 days.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I still can not activate x64.
> As I said before I had to replace my hard drive and I lost all.
> I reinstalled x64 and now cant activate and they tell me the key is ok so
> they will not give me another key. But they cant give me any ID number
> either. They told me to get another OEM copy
> Help please

It is a new hard drive so that should be the case.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You are in such a cumbersome situation. I would recommend, you put that
> copy of Windows XP Professional x64 aside for 130 days, then try
> reinstalling and activate again. The activation clock should reset after
> 120 days.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I still can not activate x64.
>> As I said before I had to replace my hard drive and I lost all.
>> I reinstalled x64 and now cant activate and they tell me the key is ok so
>> they will not give me another key. But they cant give me any ID number
>> either. They told me to get another OEM copy
>> Help please

they tell me that they dont have an activation number

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm confused. You do not need a new KEY since you do have a valid one.
> You need an ACTIVATION NUMBER
> Maybe you were not clear with Microsoft.
>

> "t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> It is a new hard drive so that should be the case.

>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> You are in such a cumbersome situation. I would recommend, you put that
>>> copy of Windows XP Professional x64 aside for 130 days, then try
>>> reinstalling and activate again. The activation clock should reset after
>>> 120 days.
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>>
>>> "t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

I'm confused. You do not need a new KEY since you do have a valid one. You
need an ACTIVATION NUMBER
Maybe you were not clear with Microsoft.

"t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is a new hard drive so that should be the case.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You are in such a cumbersome situation. I would recommend, you put that
>> copy of Windows XP Professional x64 aside for 130 days, then try
>> reinstalling and activate again. The activation clock should reset after
>> 120 days.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I still can not activate x64.
>>> As I said before I had to replace my hard drive and I lost all.
>>> I reinstalled x64 and now cant activate and they tell me the key is ok
>>> so they will not give me another key. But they cant give me any ID
>>> number either. They told me to get another OEM copy
>>> Help please

I am trying to activate by phone. Canada.
why would that matter.
I have activated my Vista beta that way.
Had no problem

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are you calling the account activation number? The number that you get
> when you click on activate the account and pick by telephone and your
> country. What country are you calling.
>

> "t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> they tell me that they dont have an activation number
>>
>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I'm confused. You do not need a new KEY since you do have a valid one.
>>> You need an ACTIVATION NUMBER
>>> Maybe you were not clear with Microsoft.
>>>

>>> "t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

Are you calling the account activation number? The number that you get when
you click on activate the account and pick by telephone and your country.
What country are you calling.

"t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> they tell me that they dont have an activation number

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm confused. You do not need a new KEY since you do have a valid one.
>> You need an ACTIVATION NUMBER
>> Maybe you were not clear with Microsoft.
>>

>> "t" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> It is a new hard drive so that should be the case.
>>>
>>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

Sounds fine. Telephone is good, so would internet, since you don't seem to
be able to communicate your needs on the phone. I just don't understand
why you aren't being given an activation number (like your Vista beta).
Jupiters advice below seems appropriate. Good luck.